What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

RBB,
I would think that your friend could be facing a significant tax and social security bill if that check makes its way to his tax ID number or social security number. He could face losing his farm and or imprisonment for tax fraud and tax evation. As for me, I would definitely prosecute the guilty parties, the old saying of "Don't do the crime if your not willing to do the time" comes to mind.

As for the guilty one being your friend's friend...well that is debatable. I can't think of a friend that has put me in that kind of position...in this situation it appears it is a him or me thing. JMHO.

I would contact the state attorny general and ask what steps should be taken.

Red Bull Breeder":3q4nkhfd said:
Turned it over to the Sherriff Yesterday. Guess we will see what happens.

Good morning. Just curious how did the fellow get a copy of the check front and back??

do you know which barns in KS and Mo? I am in and out of alot of those barns weekly. Might be something woth knowing about and getting that info out. Not to mention we buy calves from barns in both states.

Kingfisher":356be5c0 said:
Good morning. Just curious how did the fellow get a copy of the check front and back??

Salebarn had canceled check, and made him a copy of it.

Couldn't tell you cleland just know a guy who has been hauling some of the calves that away for them.