What to do with this here heifer?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
This is a beefmaster sired heifer out of a plain-jane ol' commercial heifer. i dont know how much she weighs. I need the people of cattletoday to decide her fate. should i euthanize her immediately, get her spayed first thing in the morning, let her stick around and see how she turns out, try to pet her, send her to exile island, put her in time out, or what? what to do, what to do! :???:

Picture_864.jpg

Well, since you're having so much trouble deciding you could always send her north! I think she'd make a nice addition to our herd and provide a little variety to boot! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

you may need to feed them sand for a few days just to make sure they dont blow up. that is what they are used to eating.

Beefy":22xcet1c said:
you may need to feed them sand for a few days just to make sure they dont blow up. that is what they are used to eating.

:shock: That bad, huh? I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I figured monsoon season in Georgia was kind of like taxes - predictable and inevitable.

inevitable but not predictable. no april showers this year. well, maybe one. mayflowers are stranded on a sandbar...

Beefy - I'm concerned about your heifer. The trip to Wyoming might be too much of a shock. You should send her to Virginia. ;-) Sorry, msscamp. :lol:

cfpinz":o66wbnoo said:
Beefy - I'm concerned about your heifer. The trip to Wyoming might be too much of a shock. You should send her to Virginia. ;-) Sorry, msscamp. :lol:

Nice try, cfpinz, but I beat you to it! :p :lol: :lol:

msscamp":4t0sqle3 said:
cfpinz":4t0sqle3 said:

Awww, shucks! :(

cfpinz":2pzt46w0 said:
msscamp":2pzt46w0 said:
cfpinz":2pzt46w0 said:

Well, Beefy did say he had some grays available, too, I'm thinking there might be enough for both of us! :)

I'd take her but she probably won't be able to handle the winter. Being from Georgia she will run circles around my beasts at the moment but come October... besides I don't know how they would take having live cattle cross into Canada given the current "indicent".

Beefy, I think she needs to be exiled to Florida. She needs to come here with the yanks and my dang old sale barn cattle. She will fit right in. :lol:

msscamp":20nr5aex said:
cfpinz":20nr5aex said:
msscamp":20nr5aex said:
cfpinz":20nr5aex said:

Well, Beefy did say he had some grays available, too, I'm thinking there might be enough for both of us! :)

Sounds like a plan!

The only true place for her would be right at home in a hot humid environment....like LA. Beefy, maybe me and msscamp can work out a deal. She can winter at my place, and summer at msscamp's.

Beefy, is it that bad that your having to make cull lists already?

Beefy,
I'm fairly sure you should send that heifer to the hills of Tenn. immediately if not sooner. I know Msscamp would take excellent care of this animal, but a long trailer ride is not advisible at this time. Maybe after a couple of years here she would be ready for transport.

She looks good right now. Most herds would have a place for her. Time will tell though.
Hope rain heads your way so the cull isnt that heavy.

MD