What to do about this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogee and JSCattle, I agree, and that is what I was making an attempt to get at. This is NOT a situation where a person should just pay the youngster and move on. There is more at stake here. Maybe the young man is just using his college days to have fun (and I can't cast the first stone :cry: ), but he needs to learn, or at least know, that when he is hired for a job he is expected to perform in a timely manner. Thats why my first post suggested that the mistake was made on the part of the employer telling him he was in no hurry. That might be fine to say to a person (adult) who has many other jobs on his plate, but not a kid. Unfortunate society has evolved this way, but modern society makes it too easy for young people especially to slack off responsibility. I don't care what your relationship is to the younger generation; I think we all have some responsibility to enforce ethics (in this case, work ethics). I've had many of young people come for a sleep over with my kids. They have all the time in the world to play and be kids, but they all get a taste of work while they are here. So far, I've never had anything but praise from their parents who don't have the same opportunity to give or offer them that same type of work opportunity (farm work). The parents think it's great, and many have ask if we can "babysit" again :shock: :lol2: .
Point is, the father should know because he can't have an influence in this situation if he doesn't know. The kid may be a great citizen, just in a lazy streak. All welfare recipients started with, and continued with a lazy streak. My thoughts only

I don't know my son is hungry for work, he worked for my hairdressers husband several times, and he went there, put in a days work, for several days in a row, and at the end of the week got paid-never grumbled about anything was happy to be making some bucks-sounds to me this kid is LAZY-or spoiled or both-
If he is over 18, I would just say to yourself lesson learned and find another kid willing to make some money, and forget about him, kids like this, will never change anyways

Jogee, thats the best response ive heard so far. I think thats it. the parents are good, hardworking people but i think that they have wanted better for the kids to the point that they haven't made them work and earn and learn good work ethics. I agree, cut the gravy train off and painting my pipe pens will be an easy job that he would be happy to have.

Latest posts