What really happens

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
If the Government shuts down?
I remember it shut down once before,but don't remember it doing any damage to me or mine..
So what really happens? Not what you HOPE/WISH would..

All the old people and children starve to death.

Nobody can get any kind of medical care, so most sick folks die.

Members of the armed services don't get paid.

Nobody gets their social security payments.

That got you scared??

Just kidding. Nothing happens. It's all just to scare the sheeple so we'll accept whatever crap they come up with next without complaining.

Scared sheeple are obedient sheeple.

Each party points the finger at the other and nothing happens that is noticable to 99.9% of the people in the country.

Its a political game of chicken..each party is waiting for the other to "fold" into pressure..but in reality, neither party wants to be the "Bad guy" and deny our citizens their SS checks or the military their pay...so my bet is they figure this out.

It's a threat... the Feds will just print more money...LOL.

Or...they go ahead and pay for critical services and delay paying contractors and minor creditors...

Perhaps another version of the tactics from the book, Games People Play by Eric Berne...

Really doesn't matter...still haven't past a budget for 2010 as far as I know...That ended 6 months ago!

1982vett":c1rkck4f said:
Really doesn't matter...still haven't past a budget for 2010 as far as I know...That ended 6 months ago!
I got an email from one of our senators claiming it was because the democrats hadn;t passed a budget last year like the should have. Obviously the senator is a republican

1982vett":2ip0qpnu said:
can't overspend a budget if you don't have one Dun...
I'll have to try that one on the wife and see how it works

Its happened several times before and in most all the cases the federal employees just ended up getting yet another paid holiday.

I don't think it's a paid holiday for most. I have one friend who works at IRS and another with USDA, just rank and file workers, they are considered furloughed if govt shuts down and won't get paid unless they use their sick/vacation time. One doesn't have any left, she had surgery not long ago followed by the flu going thru their family unit. If the shutdown lasts longer than 2 weeks, they can file for unemployment. On the other hand, the high and mighty elected officials who have caused this mess, as well as their large staffs, WILL get paid. Or at least they did the last time this "spitting match" happened.

MO_cows":1cxu7h9t said:
I don't think it's a paid holiday for most. I have one friend who works at IRS and another with USDA, just rank and file workers, they are considered furloughed if govt shuts down and won't get paid unless they use their sick/vacation time. One doesn't have any left, she had surgery not long ago followed by the flu going thru their family unit. If the shutdown lasts longer than 2 weeks, they can file for unemployment. On the other hand, the high and mighty elected officials who have caused this mess, as well as their large staffs, WILL get paid. Or at least they did the last time this "spitting match" happened.
TV said elected people get paid since their pay comes out of a different stream. Whatever that means. :(

I think your friend is the exception. Historically most have been paid or have been able to swing comp time or other ways like you stated. Here is a quote regarding some recent dealings.

Sens. Barbara Boxer (D) of California and Robert Casey (D) of Pennsylvania last week proposed legislation to prohibit members of Congress and the president from being paid during a government shutdown, or retroactively. According to current law, furloughed federal workers are paid retroactively. The same protection does not apply to workers under federal contract or those whose jobs are disrupted by the shutdown.

It all seems to have to do with where you are on the parasitic food chain. If you face the people like ASCS or National Park Service you will probably go home without pay but this is a very few.

Running Arrow Bill":1cxgjqh8 said:
It's a threat... the Feds will just print more money...LOL.

Or...they go ahead and pay for critical services and delay paying contractors and minor creditors...

Perhaps another version of the tactics from the book, Games People Play by Eric Berne...
Good book. If memory serves, that book opened the door on transactional analysis. Politicians are always playing these games. They are so busy game playing that there is nothing left for common sense thinking.

the american people deserve the government they continue to elect.
relax and enjoy it....
cause worrying yourself into a lather ani't going to change nothing.

Of course, you will note that other Federal employees won't get paid, but Congress and the President still will, and they started this mess!

Let 'em shut it down. Idle threats. I wish we'd cut the crap and get down to business.

Great way to run things.

The part i like is the National Park Service was kicking everbody off the Buffalo river today because of the shut down. Not going to let anyone on the park till the goverment restarts.

Well another year that we won't find out what would happen. Wonder who blinked!

Latest posts