What price will you pay ?

Help Support CattleToday:

WORANCH

Reaction score
Whats the most you will pay for hay before you start culling or sell out ?

Good question! I'm interested to see what everyone has to say on this subject also.

So far we have paid $60 bale for all the coastal rounds we have bought this year, and we still need more. Personally, I wouldn't pay much more than that before I started culling hard, but I just work here, I ain't paying the bills.

I am kind of on the opposite end. I have culled all I care to cull. I am being offered $100 for horse quality coastal 6 foot plus bales. Do I sell out everything and just sell the hay?

I was shocked when I was offered $80 in the field. Now the offers are up to $100, because folks know what they are getting. Some took chances on hay trucked in and got burned.

What I am thinking is that everyone is this area culled or sold out last year (it was much worse here than this year). This year is awful. With all the cows going to market, everyone should be building herds in the future. Maybe I should keep what I have left. I can make the winter

dj":1t66w6r2 said:
if it got to $45 - $50 for me

Is that delivered or as bought?

The stuff we had trucked in from KS last year was only 16 a bale, hauling was another 22 per bale

dun

That would have to be the total of however the charges broke down. No economics of scale here. I'd keep a few for pasture mowers but that would have to be it.

Latest posts