What percentage of your calf crop is profit?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve":2hg6pu7u said:
My neighbor is the profit champion.
He says he can raise a calf for U$S 250. :nod:
So about 67% profit.

Our calves averaged over $1100 last year.

If I take my sales receipts for every animal sold, minus the expenses and divide by the number of cows calved it works out to $668 per cow. Herd numbers did not change.
Because some people buy their replacements and therefore that is a direct expense I calculated it by sales receipts minuse expenses divided by every female kept for the year (cows + replacements) and came up with $556.

Silver":4jvg22sq said:
If I take my sales receipts for every animal sold, minus the expenses and divide by the number of cows calved it works out to $668 per cow. Herd numbers did not change.
Because some people buy their replacements and therefore that is a direct expense I calculated it by sales receipts minuse expenses divided by every female kept for the year (cows + replacements) and came up with $556.
That's unachievable here, you definitely have it going your way.

True Grit Farms":2amt9y3i said:
Silver":2amt9y3i said:
That's unachievable here, you definitely have it going your way.

It was an exceptional year and we hit the market right.