What kind of tractor?

Help Support CattleToday:

rkm

Reaction score
Here's the deal. Changed our operation from dairy to beef about 18 months ago. I need a tractor about 90 hp, with a loader, 4wd, and a cab. My brother always was the machinery guy and me the cows. He's out trucking now I'm pretty green. Anyway I've been looking and priced couple of slightly used ones, a deere and nh, big prices! A guy priced a new Zetor at half the price. Theres no way I can afford the JD or the NH, is a Zetor that bad?

Just remember, when you buy a tractor from the third mail box on the left look to see if there,s a parts store also.

I would look at some used major brands instead of new. I have heard nothing positive about the Zetor from anyone who has actually worked one for any period of time.

Look at fastline.com and the equipmenttraderonline.com for something used in your price range would be my advice. You can find some low hour good used units at a decent price if you look around and don't get in too big of a hurry.

You can buy JD at 1/2 price with 1500 hours on them. That is the way I went and have been happy.

The guys I know that own Zetor say they like them "okay" but they really don't work them very much. I would avoid auctions unless you know the owner and how it's been maintained. Anybody know anything about Kubota ?

Bullbuyer":2drfqotz said:
The guys I know that own Zetor say they like them "okay" but they really don't work them very much. I would avoid auctions unless you know the owner and how it's been maintained. Anybody know anything about Kubota ?

YOU ARE A DANG FISH!!!! :D :lol: :D

John deere 5525 are a great tractor and there right in your HP range. We just got a new one last Friday. It Can handle just about all your smaller hay Equiment. We have pulled a krone 10ft Mower with it no problem. Dont know if it could handle the weight be a big Baler. if your on rolly ground but if its flat not a problem for it.

Bullbuyer":1g3q6uk7 said:

I know we've had 2 (traded the first in on the second one when we got into the hay business about 3 years back) of them over the years and never had any problems with them. What would you like to know specifically? If I can help I sure will.

msscamp" I know we've had 2 (traded the first in on the second one when we got into the hay business about 3 years back) of them over the years and never had any problems with them. What would you like to know specifically? If I can help I sure will.[/quote said:
msscamp,

Two (2) what Zetor or Kubota ?

fitz

fitz":2v8s1848 said:
msscamp" I know we've had 2 (traded the first in on the second one when we got into the hay business about 3 years back) of them over the years and never had any problems with them. What would you like to know specifically? If I can help I sure will.[/quote:2v8s1848 said:
msscamp,

Two (2) what Zetor or Kubota ?

fitz

Sorry, Kubota's. :oops:

Zetor = pure crap.

Ran one for a year.. fell to peices never ran right, flipped once because it was so high center. ridiculous peice of korean equipment that can't handle what a massey, deere, or international can handle

Bullbuyer":31l8xedw said:
What's that mean ?

I figured you had to be fishing for smart remarks asking it anyone knew anything about Kubota's :lol: Ain't no dang orange tractor going to be on my place. It gotta be red or green, there ain't no in between. :lol:

flaboy-":1gb0qb8o said:
Bullbuyer":1gb0qb8o said:
What's that mean ?

I figured you had to be fishing for smart remarks asking it anyone knew anything about Kubota's :lol: Ain't no dang orange tractor going to be on my place. It gotta be red or green, there ain't no in between. :lol:

Red - Mahindra?
Green - Montana?

cfpinz":1iae6mfa said:
flaboy-":1iae6mfa said:
Bullbuyer":1iae6mfa said:
What's that mean ?

Red - Mahindra?
Green - Montana?

Ha ha, funny funny. :lol:

I like the Kubotas for a smaller tractor. We've had our for four years and never has broke down one. For bigger tractors, NH are too loght weight for us and soare the new Case's (old ones were great till they merged with NH). We have an '98 MX 110 and have never had trouble until a whheel broke.My dad likes the new McCormicks because they are an exact copy of the old Case's but ahve a perkins diesel instead of the Cummins.

rkm":1d8doros said:
Here's the deal. Changed our operation from dairy to beef about 18 months ago. I need a tractor about 90 hp, with a loader, 4wd, and a cab. My brother always was the machinery guy and me the cows. He's out trucking now I'm pretty green. Anyway I've been looking and priced couple of slightly used ones, a deere and nh, big prices! A guy priced a new Zetor at half the price. Theres no way I can afford the JD or the NH, is a Zetor that bad?

A neighbor of mine asked the same question a couple years ago,he liked the price of the Zetors and bought one,I guess he had it a couple days before I seen him and he asked me how much fuel my New Holland held,about 40 gallons I said why ?
he said because the Zetor did'nt hold enough fuel to work all day ,he had to drive it back to the barns for refueling,he had some other problems with it and no longer has it,but what a disappointment,buy a new tractor only to find out the fuel tank wont even hold enough fuel for a days work.............good luck