What is your fourth amendment right worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you give up your fourth ammendmant right so you could be compliant with a state's regulation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • It depends on how much money the license will allow me to make

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • As long as I get my government check I don't care what they do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe, you are just paranoid. Government would never abuse its powers so this is a mute point.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
cow pollinater":2ivaer4a said:
To put it into perspective:
If a cop pulls you over for a broken tail light, he can ask you if he can search your car. If you say "no" he waves and drives away because you haven't done anything wrong to give him any reason to search your car. You fix your tailight and all is well. He had no reason to suspect anything more than a broken tailight.

If you tell him "no" here, he will call a K-9 unit to come and do a smell search. All they have to do is assume the dog hit on something and that is probable cause. To avoid all the hastle just say yes and get it over with.

cow pollinater":156tntej said:
We're getting into politics so I'm done. :D I didn't mean to pick on you ga.prime. It just happened that your post is the one that set me into gear. Peace.
Yes it's all political isn't it? All these 4th amendment abridgements that have been mentioned and many others are all authorized by the Patriot Act- brainchild of the Bush Republicans. :D

Very good discussion and much to think about. I just tossed this out cause it struck me wrong when I read it. I ended up reading some of the supreme court decisions on matters such as this and I think they agree that these are slippery slopes. I'm not going to elaborate but I think it wise to read everything we put our name on very closely and make up our own mind concerning our particular situation.

Latest posts