What is the deal?

Help Support CattleToday:

So the weather guessers have us with snow on 8 of the next 10 days. Is it winter or something? I was really enjoying fall. Can we just go back to fall?

I'd like to get back to fall too. It's supposed to get into the mid 80's here today.

We finally got the top layer of ground frozen - with a little snow cover. Next 6 days supposed to be in the high 40's. YUK! I'm ready for winter. Get the ground frozen and snow covered. Soo much better for the cows.

Had 25 and 23 a couple mornings.... 33 this morning and then some light rain today... supposed to get into the high 60's tomorrow and more rain.... crazy swings.
Have a poster on one of my other forums in the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska.... they have had over 5 ft which he said is very very unusual for them there... said it has been in the single digits and a few below zero and they normally don';t get that until January/Feb.....snowed for 6 straight days.....and they are used to snow but not this much this fast this early....
Crazy weather patterns....

Exactly? Not sure, but there is a sign a few miles up the freeway denoting the 45th parallel. Halfway between the equator and the north pole. I am a little south of that sign which makes me a southerner.
Thanks, puts things in perspective a bit. The most southern city in Australia is Hobart and it is 42.8 degrees south. Hobart is in Tasmania, an island south of the mainland. They get cold winds off the southern ocean but Australia being surrounded by oceans is buffered from the extreme cold, the ocean never freezes there.

Ken

In spite of our best guess, Mother Nature mixes it up sometimes.
I'm able to emphasize with, and will pray for the folks that were the unlucky recipients of the business end of these storms.
There is nothing new under the sun. I'm a young man and have seen this back when the new ice age was upon us.

This storm system just skirted to the north of us as it moved eastward. We had some terrific wind and a little rain to welcome the lightning show from hell.

It's a beautiful thing to watch, from a safe distance. I'll be helping those who didn't have a choice, as much as I can.

So the weather guessers have us with snow on 8 of the next 10 days. Is it winter or something? I was really enjoying fall. Can we just go back to fall?
I don't care if we get snow here on the valley floors, but the mountains need to get loaded up. McCall is supposed to get 2-4' of snow this weekend and that will do nicely for my irrigation season next year. We pull water out of the Payette Basin, so they can get all the snow they can handle.

Latest posts