What is the deal?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't care if we get snow here on the valley floors, but the mountains need to get loaded up. McCall is supposed to get 2-4' of snow this weekend and that will do nicely for my irrigation season next year. We pull water out of the Payette Basin, so they can get all the snow they can handle.
It is starting to pile up in the hills around here. Everything above 3,500-4,000 feet is white now. The three forks of the Burnt River flow into the Unity reservoir. That is where my irrigation water comes from.

Something strange going on with the weather. I'm not ready for snow. 😬😒
FINE white Christmas maybe 2 or 3 other days than I'm good until next winter.
Than again it needs to get real cold to kill some the ticks, and bugs. We had Flys out here the other day on the cows. 🪰 Flys were horrible this year. Needs to get cold.
Will snakes freeze after so long or do they live through real cold winters? They had on the news here a picture of a snake last year out in the snow.... said it's rare but they will get out in the cold. Strange. Learn something new all the time.

Shell, no matter what people say, it's never going to get cold enough here to 'kill ticks, flies, bugs'; that's just folks flapping their lips. If it did, I sure as heck wouldn't want to be here.

Something strange going on with the weather. I'm not ready for snow. 😬😒
FINE white Christmas maybe 2 or 3 other days than I'm good until next winter.
Than again it needs to get real cold to kill some the ticks, and bugs. We had Flys out here the other day on the cows. 🪰 Flys were horrible this year. Needs to get cold.
Will snakes freeze after so long or do they live through real cold winters? They had on the news here a picture of a snake last year out in the snow.... said it's rare but they will get out in the cold. Strange. Learn something new all the time.
That's an old wives' tale, I've heard that all my life. It got colder here and stayed colder longer than I'd ever seen this past winter and the bugs were worse than normal this spring and summer, especially flies.

The weather guessers modified their guess. Now only 4 out of 10 days with snow. But now they are saying that when it drops below freezing tonight it will stay below freezing for the next 10 days. Not terrible cold. Lows from 10 to 15 every night. Right now it is about 37 and pouring down rain. This amount of precipitation has got to be piling up some snow in the hills. And then hard freeze. Grass for next summer grazing and irrigation water for the hay fields.

That's an old wives' tale, I've heard that all my life. It got colder here and stayed colder longer than I'd ever seen this past winter and the bugs were worse than normal this spring and summer, especially flies.

Do you think so?