What implement to use when and where???

Help Support CattleToday:

If you folks are interested to see my place you can access farmseller.com and look at my land. If any of you don't know this, farmseller is a website from Capital press newspaper which is about the main farm interest paper in the western usa that i know of. So if you want to see my land go to http://www.farmseller.com and then search this criteria...

480 acres
Idaho
price of 840,000.00

I know you might get a reaction wondering if I can sell it for that much but I hope to find out. If you want to search for some farm land I swear by that website. I am not giving up on farming as a hobby but I need to be closer to town, about one hour from Boise or maybe another state.

One cow every two acres. If the locals told him that then I think that a cow calf operation could be done on a lot less then 1500 acres. I stand by my claim that John Deere rep was not correct. I feel bad this guy is apologiesing, he said nothing wrong.

auctionboy":2h88fpx9 said:
I stand by every statement I have ever made on these boards!
I don't care if you think what he typed was okay. I also don't care what kind of person you think I am!

Well, I see we have our answer on how he was raised.

Here we have a man who is quite willing to call someone a prick - simply because the opinion offered is different from the opinion auctionboy holds.

Here we have a man who is not willing to admit that while he disagrees with someone it is wrong to call someone a prick on the boards.

A man - whom I do not always agree with - a man who is usually a decent and helpful and caring individual - gets called a prick. And autionboy is prepared to "stand by every statement".

Here we have a man who is willing to sink below the level of honest conversation simply to call someone names.

Common courtesy is not as common as one would think.

I am sure we all would want auctionboy to be our neighbour.

Here we have a man who was raised to not be a man.

I am sure his Daddy would be proud of him today.

His boy has no shame.

Regards,

Bez!

auctionBOY, your name just about sums it up. ;-), maybe you should quit posting for a few months and just read and learn something. dun has given more good advice on this board than you have total posts.

It never fails, since I have been here, every couple of months someone comes along that wants to try and prove themselves, so they run their mouths and usually it's to the most helpful people here.

Oh well most everybody here knows who to listen to.

thanks dun for another knowledgable post.

Bez, don't comment on how I was raised or my family ever again! You are the one that is saying I should apologies just because you don't agree with me, that is very vane.
j, I don't care how much good advice someone has given out if they insult me I will set them straight.

auctionboy":lt24e9xz said:
Bez, don't comment on how I was raised or my family ever again! You are the one that is saying I should apologies just because you don't agree with me, that is very vane.
j, I don't care how much good advice someone has given out if they insult me I will set them straight.

Bez! is dead on, as was Dun! Neither Dun nor Bez! insulted you except in your deluded fantasies of your own self-importance. Regardless of what you MEANT to say, that is not WHAT you said - you were corrected and you weren't even man enough to acknowledge it, let alone handle it in a responsible manner. Simple facts borne out by the above posts.

I am still learning but I am sure you all agree all the rules change with each piece of land, climate and loan on property. Let me recap just to try to clarify but as was suggested I think it may be best to let this die and again... sorry i did not clarify enough...

1. I have 480 acres of dry not irrigated land if you want to check the annual rainfall you can access yahoo weather forecast and for the town of midvale idaho you can click on annual rain forecast and get an idea of how dry it is.

2. I was told by the john deere rep a guy needs at least 1500 acres to make a living and i think he meant to either have a wife and kids or a few cute sheep as living alone just aint cutting the mustard in my area. I also think the rep meant farming not ranching so maybe less land is required for ranching i don't know.

3. I was just recently told by the ranching expert government rep that a guess of a cow / calf pair per two acres is possible but i don't know if he meant laying ground aside for winter feed.

4. The locals tell me anywhere from 1/2 to one ton per acre of hay or alfalfa is possible to get off the local area. I was also told an average of 70 dollars a ton to sell the bales.

5. Also, in my area the season is short with higher altitude and spring moisture does not allow a tractor to stay above ground til around April. I know... i tried it. I sank almost to my knees trying to walk around my truck when it got stuck in a field.
There are nearby farms growing alfalfa and i hear they try and try to get a stand. Dryland farming is a real experience in my area. Lots of methods like plant in fall and hope it grows enough before winter, plant in winter and it won't germinate til spring and hope it doesn't frost, plant in spring after you can drive a tractor on it or air seed it which i tried but I didn't have a virgin to spare as a sacrifice to the Gods to ensure the rains. So, my ace in the hole was out of shear luck that i paid 450 and acre and my realtor says he wants to list it for around 1700 an acre. Some of the locals are the best i'll have ever met in my life and as for the others ... i have been looking them in the eyes and saying if you don't like my kind around how are you gonna like me bringing in a californian to take my place? No offense against Californians... they are like people from washington jealous that californians knew a good land deal when they saw it and bought up and raised the price of land in washington state.

Just a comment on disagreement comments. Although it may get a little touchy but remember that is pure freedom of experssion without censorship. and finally a joke...

Did any of you know my town Midvale, Idaho is where they invented the tooth brush? IF it were invented anywhere else it would instead have been called the teethbrush

Thanks for the replies everyone!

auctionboy":2ao13gj8 said:

Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

Too low to talk about let alone too.

You have proved my point to all.

:p :p :p

Shunned

Bez!

Did I get lost in a time warp here? In three days we went from asking for advice on a piece of equipment to use (from someone who had two tractors over 200hp) to listing the property for sale at a 400% profit! :?: :?:

noriko":z291kgsx said:
Did any of you know my town Midvale, Idaho is where they invented the tooth brush? IF it were invented anywhere else it would instead have been called the teethbrush

Thanks for the replies everyone!

No thats funny; and I dont care who you are!

Latest posts