What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":ha07nltn said:
Jogeephus":ha07nltn said:
Grass 1
G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

40077701_1961298190834737_6397864746766303232_n.jpg
I'd say that looks to be the work of hired help....had I not plugged a sickle mower earlier this year.... :oops:
Nahh the hired helps job is to get it going again.

JMJ Farms":1r9msyu1 said:
Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don't go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain't centipede :hide:

Well I had my fingers crossed till this happened. And yes, you are right. Slowing down was the ticket. 3.5 mph was the sweet spot. Next I'll be testing the limits on my belts and bearings on the baler. If all goes well and I get finished with this field I'll start on another just like this one. Then another. Living the dream is all I can say and I will say if it wasn't for the money, the fame and the glory this might be like a nightmare of a job.

ohiosteve":1dfy49uj said:
I don't know about you, but every time that happens to me it's either in poison ivy or some type of thorned weed.

Its fire ants here. Thankfully though armyworms had been in this field and I gave them a double dose of something the fire ants must have been allergic to.

Jogeephus":1g6w9iz2 said:
JMJ Farms":1g6w9iz2 said:
Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don't go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain't centipede :hide:

Well I had my fingers crossed till this happened. And yes, you are right. Slowing down was the ticket. 3.5 mph was the sweet spot. Next I'll be testing the limits on my belts and bearings on the baler. If all goes well and I get finished with this field I'll start on another just like this one. Then another. Living the dream is all I can say and I will say if it wasn't for the money, the fame and the glory this might be like a nightmare of a job.

3.5 mph? It must be even thicker than it looks! Oh well. They'll eat it. May have to feed a little syrup or something but they'll eat it. Maybe your problems will subside somewhat.

I'm with you on living the dream. I must've done something horrible in a previous life to deserve being a 'cattlemen' in this one :lol2: It ain't all bad. Most days I really love it. Some days really try your fortitude though. My favorite saying relating to cows/hay is "It's a lot for a little".

If I had a son I'd probably make him stack wagons, but instead my daughter gets to learn about hand signals, like throttle up, gear down, jump a windrow, etc..

Unfortunately she didn't understand go around the ground hog hole yesterday, but at least it was a small wagon and didn't break the spindle. We put up some really nice 3rd cutting yesterday, that's our vacation fund from the crazy horse people around here.

ohiosteve":3297ildb said:
If I had a son I'd probably make him stack wagons, but instead my daughter gets to learn about hand signals, like throttle up, gear down, jump a windrow, etc..

Unfortunately she didn't understand go around the ground hog hole yesterday, but at least it was a small wagon and didn't break the spindle. We put up some really nice 3rd cutting yesterday, that's our vacation fund from the crazy horse people around here.
The only time I get to run the tractor is if it's got a kick baler

ohiosteve":2aii7qu2 said:

That gives me nightmares looking at that.... I feel for you.

For those of you having trouble getting hay cut and dry.....

2zi7h2g.jpg

My Klinegrass/Bermuda mix.....just about dry enough to bale.......oh wait....I haven't cut it yet. :(

ohiosteve":3bw82pqw said:

so is she taking a picture of her handy work?

ez14.":3qsozsev said:
ohiosteve":3qsozsev said:

I'm sure she was. But then I can't talk because I was taking a picture of her taking a picture.

ohiosteve":3vs5qv6m said:
ez14.":3vs5qv6m said:
ohiosteve":3vs5qv6m said:

I'm sure she was. But then I can't talk because I was taking a picture of her taking a picture.
yeah I had to take a picture of my handy work the other day to

That's the front of the loader

Jogeephus":39jb28b9 said:
JMJ Farms":39jb28b9 said:

Better hurry. You may get wet next week....
Yesterdays tropical report discussion said there was a tropical wave over Puerto Rico moving WNW that was expected to cross the Fla peninsula over the weekend or very early next week and contribute some significant rainfall to mid Gulf coastal states and perhaps beyond. Some strengthening was anticipated once it got into the Gulf. Lots of shear going on tho.

greybeard":39v1rm59 said:
ez14.":39v1rm59 said:
yeah I had to take a picture of my handy work the other day to

That's the front of the loader
Looks like the seat on something...burned?
no it's really not a good picture (I thought I had a better one but couldn't find it) but it is the front pivot point on a front end loader (near the bottom of the bucket) I'll try and get a better picture of it (it's fixed now so it won't look the same but you'll be able to see where it was)

Latest posts