What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2tdi5sem said:
sim we wont start cutting beans here till November. I been planting cereal rye and some rye grass today

Probably be shelling corn in Nov. Going to be long and drawn out harvest.

Dogs and Cows":1addr12a said:
skyhightree1":1addr12a said:
sim we wont start cutting beans here till November. I been planting cereal rye and some rye grass today

Sky...where do you purchase your cereal rye seed? I used Southern States this year and I think the seed was terrible! I will not be using them again!! Of course...maybe I just can't grow rye?? :mad:

Tim

that's where mine comes from. When did you plant it? why are you planting cereal rye?

some of what I been seeing

ResizedImage_1412949788311_zpsa75409a2.jpg

ResizedImage_1412949789763_zps5a73c9d2.jpg

Finally got these uploaded from doing some corn shelling last week. Only did 20 acres while we waited for beans to get ready, of course it's been raining everyday since then.
Was testing 16.5%-17.8%, and making 185-200.
Corn%2Bharvest%2B001.JPG

Corn%2Bharvest%2B016.JPG

Corn%2Bharvest%2B017.JPG

Corn%2Bharvest%2B019.JPG

Corn%2Bharvest%2B009.JPG

A perfect snack for waiting on semi's.
Corn%2Bharvest%2B015.JPG

highgrit":1hldr0xk said:
I have one of them also. It's cold here because of the wind, it's been blowing up to 30mph.

They are a welcomes sight when its cold and rainy here.. My first day of muzzleloader season sucked I only hunted a few hours this morning saw nothing and then it started raining hard and windy so I came home and im sitting by the fire. You got that thing rolling HG

We're dry here, haven't had any rain for almost 5 weeks now. Our rut has begun, hopefully I'll see a good one in the next few days.

Latest posts