What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":efvheyeh said:
Great cow. Young. Due anyday. Checked her 15 times in the last week. Didn't see her yesterday but it was almost dark. Found her today. She had fell upside down into a dry creek drain around 2' deep. I'm not sure that if I had been standing there if I could have helped her bc of where she was. Thick as the hair on a dogs back on both sides. Buzzards were all around. Calf was completely out. Tail end of calf was eaten. Not sure if she had him or if possibly the buzzards pulled on him and drug him out. Breech birth? In the pics, the calf's head is at the cows backbone. His tail end is towards the cows legs. I honestly have never seen anything quite like this as long as I've been around cows.

Scenario 1: She had trouble calving. Buzzards tried to get calf and she was trying to get away from them and got in the creek drain and fell.

Scenario 2: She had trouble calving and was trying to rub her back end on the trees and fell.

Scenario 3: Murphy's Law. She just screwed up and slipped.

I'd love to hear any theories.

Hate that for you.

JMJ Farms":1n1xn7pd said:

Great cow. Young. Due anyday. Checked her 15 times in the last week. Didn't see her yesterday but it was almost dark. Found her today. She had fell upside down into a dry creek drain around 2' deep. I'm not sure that if I had been standing there if I could have helped her bc of where she was. Thick as the hair on a dogs back on both sides. Buzzards were all around. Calf was completely out. Tail end of calf was eaten. Not sure if she had him or if possibly the buzzards pulled on him and drug him out. Breech birth? In the pics, the calf's head is at the cows backbone. His tail end is towards the cows legs. I honestly have never seen anything quite like this as long as I've been around cows.

Scenario 1: She had trouble calving. Buzzards tried to get calf and she was trying to get away from them and got in the creek drain and fell.

Scenario 2: She had trouble calving and was trying to rub her back end on the trees and fell.

Scenario 3: Murphy's Law. She just screwed up and slipped.

I'd love to hear any theories.
if any thing pulled on the calf it was most likely a coyote...the buzzards let the yotes do all the grunt work..they just belly up to the bar..but that sucks..

callmefence":1qq4vf3q said:
Well we got about 36 hours without rain...made the most out of it.

img]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/fenceman1/KIMG3793_zps4663macv.jpg[/img][/URL]

Do those rolls of barb wire spin so you can do 4 wires at a time? Looks good

Just got back from West Virginia Today. These are piers that a 10,000 gallon propane tank will sit on. I've been working on a lot of these lately. There is more underground than above ground. I don't love doing concrete work, but it pays the bills. I think I will be working on many more of these this winter, we have a bunch to do in Tennessee.

ohiosteve":bsoerc8w said:
Just got back from West Virginia Today. These are piers that a 10,000 gallon propane tank will sit on. I've been working on a lot of these lately. There is more underground than above ground. I don't love doing concrete work, but it pays the bills. I think I will be working on many more of these this winter, we have a bunch to do in Tennessee.

If one by chance runs across one of those used tanks that is for sale cheap they are worth quite a chunk of money.
The stands or piers are also worth a fair amount themselves, with or without the tank.

ohiosteve":p4wrg236 said:

Hank Hill approves of this /\ post. :nod:

Spotted this down around gaprimes place today. Kinda hard to see but that's a goat on top of the barn. Not quite sure how he got up there. He must be pretty agile because it's a pretty good ways up there!

JMJ Farms":2hmohg9g said:
Spotted this down around gaprimes place today. Kinda hard to see but that's a goat on top of the barn. Not quite sure how he got up there. He must be pretty agile because it's a pretty good ways up there!

Them things can climb anything.

JMJ Farms":207o2ekx said:

That's a flash looking shed.

Ken

ga.prime":388pfzog said:
Nice photo, JMJ. I bet that goat's up under that tin this morning.

Yeah it's a little cooler today! I wanna watch him get up there. I'm sure there's something on the other side that I'm not seeing because I know it's not a supergoat. But that's a fairly tall shelter. He's not jumping from the ground.

Latest posts