What I/We did For New Years

Help Support CattleToday:

Took the wife and 3 friends to a party at the local watering hole. I was the dd, as usual. Drunk people are annoying when you're not one of them.

cfpinz

cfpinz":2ovf1qfe said:
Took the wife and 3 friends to a party at the local watering hole. I was the dd, as usual. Drunk people are annoying when you're not one of them.

cfpinz

Sober people are annoying when you're drunk!

Partied, partied, and partied a bit more.

Went to bed around 4.00.
We played Singstar on the PS2 for a while, really funny hearing and watching drunk people sing.

ga. prime":pcmo4ozw said:
Stayed up past midnight to see some Australian guy jump a motorcycle over a football field in Las Vegas.

I saw that too....... a lot of built up hype for not much excitement in the end.

I went to see a friend down in Houston that I hadn't seen in a couple months. Then we went to her friend's house and shot firecrackers......if you have never seen a sparkler bomb look it up on youtube. We made one and I have to say they are pretty awesome.

I don't think I am capable of staying up past midnight in the winter unless I am at a party or something. Went to bed at 10:00. Had some really bad bubbly, had to drink about three glasses of it to make sure, :D then went to bed. Woke up at midnight when a friend text messaged me Happy New Years. Went back to sleep.

Fought grass fire in house shoes that caught fire a couple of times before I stepped in water buckets.

Buried an angus cow. Don't know why she went down and couldn't find anything wrong. Anyway, I now have only one angus left. The wife won't let me part with that last one I promise you.

Didn't eat any black eyed peas. Don't believe in that luck thing. But, today, I think I might try and find me some. :lol:

Man, I ate a lot of black eyed peas. We need all the luck we can get around here these days!!! 2008's gotta be better than 2007!!! Not bad, all in all, and could have been a lot worse, but I am in for all the good luck I can get.

I am having leftover black eyes for lunch!

LOL a guy I work with brought left-overs and he had some black eyed peas. I talked him out of a couple of spoonfuls. 2008 has been a terrible start so far.

BB, we caught the yard on fire burning trash on New Year's eve and I scalded the soles of my rubber boots stamping it out. It was a windy day and we should have known better. It just about got away from us. Made me nervous to think of those idiots one place over shooting off fireworks. I think those things should be illegal. They scare my hens off laying, the animals go nuts and the dogs hide. We have an ajoining fenceline and I walk all over picking up the plastic from their fireworks, saving them in a bucket and dumping them back over on their place. I figure one inconsiderate act deserves another. :mad:

I saw one plastic five gallon can, full of gas, in the middle of the grass fire. I was scared to retrieve it, and scared to leave it. I grabbed it and ran to Tiff's truck through flames, sat it in the back of Tiff's truck. Cranked up that truck (with a flat tire on the rear) and backed it out of the flames. Grabbed a 5 gallon can of diesel near the flames, and a small can of chainsaw gas and got them away from the flames. With all that wind, the fire wasn't losing a bit of time. That is when I noticed my house shoes on fire the first time.

The fire department finally found our house just as we were getting the last of the grass smoulders out. Some wooden pallets with junk iron on them were still burning and I let them douse those but they were out in the middle of the now extinguished grass fire.

Bad thing is the fire was my fault. I had dumped a can of ashes from the fire place several hours before. There must have been embers in the ashes. No grass where I dumped them but somehow, some way, grass not too far away got ignited. From now on I will drench the ashes no matter how old they are - and I'll eat me some black eyed peas on NYD.

Went to mass. Came home watched a little of another football game and gave it up about 9:30. Just too darned old to be staying up til midnight anytime of the year.

Angus in Tx, yeah that first jump was a yawner. Set the new record though at 322' 7.5". He made it look easy. Said afterward that the 10mph wind held him back. Was hoping for 360'. Then he said he was gonna do it again. Got interesting at that point. That second jump almost missed the landing strip! Cameramen bailing in every direction! Landed short of the 322, no third try, maybe next year. I wish my heart was that strong. 8)

08 HAS to be better than 07 * Just hasto be.
I'm going in for some counceling starting Mon,to see if I can get over the panic attacks the Hospital bills are causeing..

Crowder is a man after my own heart...slept until the neighbors started shooting guns and fireworks off for about 45 minutes.............First thing I had to do in the morning was to go count cattle, look for bullet holes, and pick up wayward rockets etc from the pasture...No biggie......happens every year like clockwork. ;-) :cboy:

backhoeboogie":136qcb98 said:
I saw one plastic five gallon can, full of gas, in the middle of the grass fire. I was scared to retrieve it, and scared to leave it. I grabbed it and ran to Tiff's truck through flames, sat it in the back of Tiff's truck. Cranked up that truck (with a flat tire on the rear) and backed it out of the flames. Grabbed a 5 gallon can of diesel near the flames, and a small can of chainsaw gas and got them away from the flames. With all that wind, the fire wasn't losing a bit of time. That is when I noticed my house shoes on fire the first time.

The fire department finally found our house just as we were getting the last of the grass smoulders out. Some wooden pallets with junk iron on them were still burning and I let them douse those but they were out in the middle of the now extinguished grass fire.

Bad thing is the fire was my fault. I had dumped a can of ashes from the fire place several hours before. There must have been embers in the ashes. No grass where I dumped them but somehow, some way, grass not too far away got ignited. From now on I will drench the ashes no matter how old they are - and I'll eat me some black eyed peas on NYD.

BHB after our history of fires in the past,I'd be willing to bet your house slippers caught fire from the friction of your running.
Glad everything turned out for the best for you.

Cal