What I really hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with Dave, these idiots with the goofy helmet and the spandex shorts riding on these back country roads, you can't pass them without endangering them, which has a tendency to cause evil thoughts. The road is for vehicles

They had been doing one of those bike rides where in the town I live in for a while. It was always a pain because the woul ride down a 2 lane road that went to one of our places. There was nver much traffic before. It only caused problems for people like us. We had to call the sheriffs dept one time because they were blocking the road. :x

In the last 5 yrs the area has been booming with oil and gas. Use to we would only see one maybe two cars on a 10 mi strecth. Now it is pretty steady back and forth.

The moved the bike ride now because the last year they said the oil field guys were flat out running them off the road.
clapper.gif

SOme bikers literally wanted to be picked up to skip that part. :lol: It kind of caused a big stink

MULDOON":157itggj said:
The poll on opening gates , got me thinking about what I really hate!!!!!!!

I hate it when your driving down the highway and it you see a sign that says "Left lane closed ahead"
So you move over to the right, like all normal people do.
Then the right lane starts slowing down because these other people decide that they can stay in the left lane , all the way until the last possible vehicle, and then cut in front!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to get mad about it right now!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when it just keeps going on and on. I'll pull half way out in the other lane , blocking the lane so that they can't get around me.

It seems like when I do that , the one lane finally starts moving ;-)

Any way , that was my rant for the day :roll:

Muldoon, may I ask your age? I'm thinking you are probably old enough to know better, but still to young to care - and that is certainly old enough to realize that not all people were born with enough bats in the belfrie(sp?) to be able to even employ common sense, much less be able to reason things through. Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, it's annoying. But, why let it get to you? It's a given that there are idiots in this world, so accept it and get on with your life. Might I suggest a cd/cassette of good classical music to soothe your nerves in these situations? I personally prefer Tchousky (I just butchered his name), but dang he's good! :D

msscamp":2im5wkd2 said:
Might I suggest a cd/cassette of good classical music to soothe your nerves in these situations? I personally prefer Tchousky (I just butchered his name), but dang he's good! :D
Now that is a sensible suggestion. :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dave":28rzgzcy said:
I really hate the bicycle clubs that ride on my road every weekend during the summer. Nothing like 300 or 400 urban bike riders strung out for miles riding down a road with lots of corners and no shoulders. They take up the entire lane. I pass one or two and come to a corner so I have to slow to their speed and fit between two of them until I get around the corner. I wonder how they would like it if I went to their neighborhood and slowed traffic to a crawl. Kids on bikes, a family out for a ride, or small groups of adults are no problem but these club deals really get my blood pressure up.

Dave, is the road not used much other than the bikers? If you can study their schedule maybe you and some buddies can just go part across the road. Pretend to have some problem. :lol:

I have it here on weekends but it usually doesn't bother me becuase I don't go out much. One weekend it did though. I am pulling the stock trailer, had just turned on to the road, bunch of bikers coming towards me (that's ok) and then one looking back swerves into my lane. I had to hit the brakes locking up the trailer. Needless to say I had a few words for him.

flaboy?, there is too much traffic to pull the fake break down and block the road. I have always thought if it weren't for the traffic I would pull a western cattle drive and herd the cows head on into the bikes. That would be fun.
It could be worse. There is one annual big ride from Seattle to Portland. I am glad I don't live on that route. 15,000 bike riders. I know a guy who had to wait 45 minutes to get out of his driveway. It is just a steady stream of bikes.

Some of these I think are federal laws too.

A bicycle rider must follow the same traffic laws as a motor vehicle. So, how do they get away with running stop signs?

Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven on the right half of the roadway. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Riding in single file is required except on bike paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles, or when two people riding side-by-side within one lane will not impede traffic flow. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Did I say, So, why are they spread all over the road? :lol:

They spread all across the road because they feel like it and the cops don't stop them. I have pulled up to the stop sign at the East end of my road. It is a T intersection, while I am look to my left to see if traffic is coming I have had bikes pass me on the right, running the stop sign.
They are out in the country, enjoying their weekend. Little things like the rules of the road don't apply to them.

flaboy?":38evxhke said:
Some of these I think are federal laws too.

A bicycle rider must follow the same traffic laws as a motor vehicle. So, how do they get away with running stop signs?

Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven on the right half of the roadway. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of roadway. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Riding in single file is required except on bike paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles, or when two people riding side-by-side within one lane will not impede traffic flow. So, why are they spread all over the road?

Did I say, So, why are they spread all over the road? :lol:

If they can ride a bicycle on the road... ignore all traffic laws like stop signs, turn signals, head lights, etc.... then I think my dirt bike is about to hit the pavement as well... but oh, wait... I would get a ticket!, but they won't...

I intentionally honk right when I get to their rear axle... just so they know I'm there ;-) and don't look kindly to coming back near our home... let them look at the pretty cows on a TV screen in a gym or something....

I always figured the thing to do would be to find a tightly packed group of them. Pass them, get back over right in front of them, turn on the left turn signal, and stand on the brakes. Their options would be to rear end me, put it in the ditch, or pass me on the left when I have my turn signal on saying I am going that way. Which is to say that they don't have any good options.
I just thought, if I do this and they rear end me, can I get a new paint job on the pickup? I am sure they caused all of those scratches and dents.

Brute quite a few years past we were the ones keeping a vehicle from passing.
Situation we were stuck behind a loaded grain truck who's top speed on the flat was 55mph. We had no problem with following him. It was not flat, but pretty hilly with alot of oncoming traffic.
It was the idiot in the Chevy truck that had a problem. He missed several headon hits from oncoming traffic and attempting to pass on a solid line. He would pull out and pass then cut off the car he just passed to avoid killing someone.
We were right behind the semi and he was so close to our bumper I turned around and could not see his headlights. we were in an F-150.
Finally had a good spot and passed the semi with the ding dong right on our tail. He passed us and took off. We caught him and got his plate number and reported him to the Highway Patrol. He had been doing this to numerous drivers. He got busted big time.

tuck":1l0am7to said:
I agree with Dave, these idiots with the goofy helmet and the spandex shorts riding on these back country roads, you can't pass them without endangering them, which has a tendency to cause evil thoughts. The road is for vehicles

Tuck...you are right on :lol: . I can think of nothing more stupid looking then a grown man in tight spandex shorts and that dainty little helmet bobbling around on their head. :roll: They also wear those dainty little sneakers with no socks. If they only knew how ridiculous they look they would either stick to an exercise bike or wear some normal looking clothes.

HOSS":2z54w872 said:
tuck":2z54w872 said:

Tuck...you are right on :lol: . I can think of nothing more stupid looking then a grown man in tight spandex shorts and that dainty little helmet bobbling around on their head. :roll: They also wear those dainty little sneakers with no socks. If they only knew how ridiculous they look they would either stick to an exercise bike or wear some normal looking clothes.

To quote a famous American "Stupid is as stupid does"

msscamp":3hibyd43 said:
Might I suggest a cd/cassette of good classical music to soothe your nerves in these situations? I personally prefer Tchousky (I just butchered his name), but dang he's good! :D

Or you could put in an old Black Sabbath tape to fire you up and then beat the crap outta them. :D

I hate one thing worse than all others.....Relatives who steal from family. Cost me $72,000 this week. Ya its a lot of money, but your supposed to be able to trust your Mother!

My Grandmother would roll over in her Grave.

The ironic thing is I dont care about the money, I am deeply saddened about the loss of my Grandmother and have been having a difficult time just accepting the fact that we will be apart for a while.

On the other hand I guess you could say I also lost my Mother.

I am a little old school in my personal beliefs, but under any circumstances, I feel you are supposed to be able to trust in Jesus, Dad, Mom, and your Spouse.

I still have Jesus, and my Wife. I thank God for that. TRM.

Texas Ranch Man":35rglwtn said:
I hate one thing worse than all others.....Relatives who steal from family. Cost me $72,000 this week. Ya its a lot of money, but your supposed to be able to trust your Mother!

My Grandmother would roll over in her Grave.

The ironic thing is I dont care about the money, I am deeply saddened about the loss of my Grandmother and have been having a difficult time just accepting the fact that we will be apart for a while.

On the other hand I guess you could say I also lost my Mother.

I am a little old school in my personal beliefs, but under any circumstances, I feel you are supposed to be able to trust in Jesus, Dad, Mom, and your Spouse.

I still have Jesus, and my Wife. I thank God for that. TRM.

I'm sorry...that has got to be a real kick in the head...bless your heart...

Alice

VanC":psntsg3k said:
msscamp":psntsg3k said:

Or you could put in an old Black Sabbath tape to fire you up and then beat the crap outta them. :D

Different strokes for different folks! I really dislike dealing with the adrenaline rush aftermath associated with your solution, hence the classical music approach. ;-) :lol: :lol:

msscamp":20y6dv8h said:
VanC":20y6dv8h said:
msscamp":20y6dv8h said:

Different strokes for different folks! I really dislike dealing with the adrenaline rush aftermath associated with your solution, hence the classical music approach. ;-) :lol: :lol:

I've never been a big clasical fan BUT I did date a girl many years ago who was first chair flute in the U of Illinois symphony orchestra. Naturally I went to quite a few concerts. It's really beautiful stuff, especially in person. My interest in classical died out a bit after she ran off with a biker. Oh, well. ;-)

Why not":10o02ub6 said:
Brute 23":10o02ub6 said:
The thing I hate the most is when people try to play the law and not let you pass,,, or drive down the middle of two lanes so you can't go buy,,, ect... :lol:

I take it you are one of those that likes to go all the way to the front of the lane thats closed and expect people to let you in at the last moment. I love the look on their face when i smile and say no.

Be nice and move over out of the closed lane as soon as you see the sign left lane closed a head or right lane closed. I get tickled when no one lets these guys in all the while they are cussin and beatin the stering wheel up.

They get what they deserve when they wait till the last second to move over. Might even say the look on their faces makes my day. :p
umm...NO! you be nice and let them over. what if it was you who was in that lane?? wouldnt you want a nice person to let you over?? i know i would. maybe they couldnt get over any sooner. sometimes everybody needs to put themselves in another persons shoes.

Latest posts