What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

That calf looks a bit like this one:

BB3_popeye1.jpg

Or maybe one of these:

6calves-1.jpg

What could the sire be??? :?:

OK Jeanne- I really like the looks of that cow/calf pair! Not only are they really nice looking, but that is also a really pretty picture!

Im gonna guess MG on the calf M.Sarria

karlie45":10k946nx said:
OK Jeanne- I really like the looks of that cow/calf pair! Not only are they really nice looking, but that is also a really pretty picture!

The cow is sired by a Murray Grey bull and dam purebred angus---calf is sired by a MG bull, therefore 3/4 MG.

karlie45":12bcyeaj said:

Well I was told by the guy I bout the cow from she was breed by a black angus bull!!

It could happen. I have a blonde white-face cow, that just gave birth 3 months ago to a similar looking calf. The Sire is a black Limousin bull. Only difference is that calf has a white face like its momma.
Wife calls her chocolate milk.

i had one that looks just like it last week. char cow and black sim angus bull.if i was smart enough i would post a pic

M.Sarria":ljkyq3cs said:
Well I was told by the guy I bout the cow from she was breed by a black angus bull!!

That makes sense, M.Sarria. It could be MG, but, more likely Black Angus, or some other black breed. Definitely not Char, as that would have either given you a Tan or a White calf. To get grey, you need to have some black genetics in there.

looks like an angus sired calf to me.

them yellow charolais cross cows (looks like charolais x limousin) tend to throw grays a lot when bred to a black angus or black______ .

I have a half Charolais half Black Angus cow that is white and when I bred her to a registered angus bull the calf was white and its nose was gray. Then again we bred her to a red limousin bull and the calf was black, black limousin and the calf was red, black club calf bull and the calf was red so go figure.

A few years ago we had a yellow/tan cow like the one you have pictured. Bred her to a registered black Angus and the calf was a silver just like you have.

Beefy":2myvp26h said:
looks like an angus sired calf to me.

them yellow charolais cross cows (looks like charolais x limousin) tend to throw grays a lot when bred to a black angus or black______ .
So it look like he mite be tilling the truths I whet to his farm and that what he had over there. hay Beefy the cow you think she mite be Chr/ Sim?? he told me she was Sim/ Lim cross?? The guy that AI for us thinks she is Charolais cross is there any way to till for shore? I'm just a beginner :oops:

i would take the word of the man you bought her from. i see no reason to doubt that she is LimousinxSimmental. Both simmental and charolais tend to carry a diluter gene which can result in a yellow animal when crossed with a red (which you see expressed in the cow) and then those same diluter genes can cause a yellow cow mated with a black bull to produce a gray calf.

around here, we see more charolais cross than simmental cross, and going on looks alone she could be either one crossed with a limousin. her face and curly hair led me to believe she was part limousin and i assumed charolais b/c of her yellow coloring and b/c that it just more common around my parts..

but i see no reason to doubt the man you got her from, she definitely looks like a limousinxsimmental cross with an angus sired calf.

Beefy":3euooq4x said:
i would take the word of the man you bought her from. i see no reason to doubt that she is LimousinxSimmental. Both simmental and charolais tend to carry a diluter gene which can result in a yellow animal when crossed with a red (which you see expressed in the cow) and then those same diluter genes can cause a yellow cow mated with a black bull to produce a gray calf.

around here, we see more charolais cross than simmental cross, and going on looks alone she could be either one crossed with a limousin. her face and curly hair led me to believe she was part limousin and i assumed charolais b/c of her yellow coloring and b/c that it just more common around my parts..

but i see no reason to doubt the man you got her from, she definitely looks like a limousinxsimmental cross with an angus sired calf.
OK well fill better :) I use to live in your home in "Perry" for 5 years nice state. thanks for info.

Latest posts