What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I see where the American Angus Association Board directed Association staff "to explore the feasibility of processing performance data for breeders/owners of red Angus cattle in the United States and to to report its findings to the full Board in September 2005."

Let's keep it polite :D

That is fine with me. The Red Angus is already including performance info of Black Angus used in Red Angus herds. You can have an all Black Angus herd and register them with the Red Angus Association. They are Category II.

What a joke!

Like the Red Angus guys really need or want the AAA to run their EPD. Everybody knows the Red Angus system is superior to the AAA system, AAA is just bigger.

Sounds to me like a sideways end-run by some powerful AAA folks that now own some Red Angus cattle.

Love the way the AAA has turned this one, making it sound like it's the Red Angus guys coming to them.

I highly doubt that. I'm calling BS. It is some Black Angus guy that now owns Red Angus, I'll guarantee you that much. Then they believe that the AAA system is superior, so they think that is how they need to do it. WRONG.

mtnman

Correct me if I'm wrong but it will not be for the RAA, but for individual breeders/owners. The RAA requires total herd reporting of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Some breeders don't like reporting poor performing cattle and may be interested in using the Angus Association.

Latest posts