What do you say?

Help Support CattleToday:

angie2

Reaction score
You say "Thank you, thank you, thank you God for the continued health and safety of my children."

And you give your daughter a hug cause that says a lot to her.

Sorry for your news A/B

Angus/Brangus":tomnj6b3 said:
What do you say when your your 18 year old daughters first loves life is snuffed out in a traffic accident? I ran into this situation recently and was caught off guard completely. There was was no explanation for the accident other than slick pavement. Car slid off into oncoming trafic and burst into flames at the guard rail. He was a high school varsity football player, dated my daughter for the two years previous, clean cut American boy, Catholic family, nice family, all was good. Not looking for sympathy, just trying to explain. Well, there is no explanation. She will make it through the ordeal!
Let's not take for granted those around us that we care about. Ya just never know!! Right??

I am so sorry, A/B. I don't know if this will help, but I believe that each of us is here to do something. When that something is completed, then we are taken home to be with our Lord. I hope this helps.

There are times that silence, hugs and a good cry are about all that can be done.

Time mends broken hearts and heals all the wounds.Just be there for her,a shoulder lean on and cry on,someone to care.
You never know when someone so close to each and all of us might suddenly be taken away.You wish you could have said something,given them one last hug.Never take anything in Life for granted.

That is exactly right Brahma.. It happened to my Dad a couple of years ago; 16 yr old boy ran a stop sign, killing my Dad on impact. I was fortunate to not have lost my Mom and sister in the same car. It was tragic for us all, (especially since he was my mentor and best friend) but as I have learned like many of you have also.... life is full of surprises.. some good.. some not so good. Just have to go on with life and do what we can to give our support and love to those that need it.

There is simply no advice to give. There is a local support group of parents who have lost children. They came to me and offered support when I lost my brother, it was appreciated. They were great and had systematic lists of things to consider (you don't think straight in moments of grief and nothing really matters anyway). They didn't push or pry. They just offered support and help. The only word I can say about them is they are perfect, and they know the emotions experienced.

I can only hope such a group exists in your proximity and has already contacted the family. Hopefully someone in the group is known by the family.

A/B-- I'm so sorry for your daughter and the boy's family. As has been said, there's not much you can do or say except let your daughter know that you love her and will always be there for her. Same with the boy's family. Was in a similar situation a few years ago with my youngest boy. Never felt so helpless in my life. You just want to take their pain away somehow, but there's nothing you can do except be there when they need you.

I'll never forget when I was 20 and my best friend was killed in an accident. It was the first time I'd had to deal with the death of someone very close. My Dad, who was never the sensitive type, pulled an old picture out of his wallet. It was a friend of his who had been killed in WWII and he still carried his picture some 30+ years later. Just knowing he knew the pain I was feeling helped more than any words ever could.

Gosh I sure am sorry for all of yall. I too believe she needs support and love right now more than anything. Just know that shes not gonna want to be around any boys for a while and let her know thats ok. She needs to move on, but at her own pace.

We will definitely keep all of you guys in our prayers.

Sons best friend fell from a construction site and was killed.
Son wasn't there--Said he was taught to enjoy the day,you
don't know what tomorrow will bring..Also,he makes his men
wear their saftey gear,and follow rules.
I'm sorry about your daughters pain,and for the young mans family.

Its a terrible thing when something like that happens. One often wants to know WHY. As many have said, there is no answer for this, trying to find one will only tear you apart inside and is not healthy. Understanding that you will never understand is the only way to cope with this. But I'm sure one day God will give her someone who will more than make up for this loss. I truly feel for her since I - like others - have been there myself. Give her a hug for us but don't smother her. God Bless.

Jogeephus":1r1s7d3u said:
Its a terrible thing when something like that happens. One often wants to know WHY. As many have said, there is no answer for this, trying to find one will only tear you apart inside and is not healthy. Understanding that you will never understand is the only way to cope with this. But I'm sure one day God will give her someone who will more than make up for this loss. I truly feel for her since I - like others - have been there myself. Give her a hug for us but don't smother her. God Bless.

I lost my fiance in 1993 to a tragic event.We buried him on my birthday.Nothing anyone said could ease the pain, it is just something you have to work through on your own.

Now my husband who is also my best friend have been married for 13 & 1/2 years.

One door closes and another door opens.Knowing that your family loves you and having patience is the key to moving on and going through the open door.

Latest posts