What do you eat.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
After thanks giving I tend to stay away from turkey till summer. I like to BBQ for Christmas. Sometimes eat Mexican. What are yall's favorites?

Scotty

Beef six days a week, then ham or venison for a change (wifes idea). Wild turkey ocasionally instead of the other change of paces, along with squirrel or fish from the ponds during the summer. That's for donner. breakfast is beef, ham or bacon and eggs. Lunch is some form of beef.

dun

I only know of two types of wild turkey and don't care for either. Something in a song a man wrote. Whiskeys too rough, champaign cost too much and vodka puts my mouth in gear. I like beer.

Dun I am right with you there. I wish there was more beef foods pushed during the holidays. Nothing against chicken and goat farmers but eat beef. Its better for you. ;-)

Scotty

Cattle Rack Rancher":36zzbpi1 said:
I think there'd be nothing better than a nice chunk of Prime Rib with potatoes and gravy for Christmas.

Substitute baked for the taters and you've got my vote

dun

Some years back we tried to change Christmas dinner-one year I made chili and cornbread and my Mom made her beef vegetable soup and everything that goes with it.. Another year we grilled steaks and had baked taters and rolls and such. Good Lord,you should have heard the whining. Now we're back to the turkey. Heavy sigh

Turkey - from the yard for Christmas. Ham from the yard for New Years.

Rest of the time we eat beef - only danged thing that I will not touch is liver - baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stewed, rolled, breaded and any other way you want to prepare it - I will not eat it.

I can always tell when wife or one of the girls is p.o.'d at me - they'll cook liver because they love it - runs me out of the house. Danged women!

Next animal we kill, I am going to pick it up at the kill plant - I'll GIVE IT AWAY!

Beef for breakfast - a steak done from rare to well - with fresh bread and butter. An inch thick is just right.

Burger fried loose and spread on potatoes and corn for lunch and any old roast done from rare to well for supper. Throw in a quart of milk for each meal and I am in heaven.

Beer with a meal puts me to sleep.

As you might guess we eat a bit of beef on this place!

Forget all them fancy sauces - just salt. pepper, chopped onions and maybe some garlic. Some bread and any old style of potato - mmmmm ..

As well,

Hint for the cooks:

While working in Germany I picked this up - gather up your favourite spices (salt, pepper, chopped onions and garlic for me) and mix them in soft butter. Scoop the butter out in teaspoon size pieces and freeze it. Put it - frozen on any hot beef - I have never met anyone who did not like it.

It's all diet food!

Bez

Bez":16cub9hn said:
only danged thing that I will not touch is liver - baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stewed, rolled, breaded and any other way you want to prepare it - I will not eat it.

AMEN! Way to hang tough and stick with your principles Bez.

Craig-TX

I hate liver, I'd love to be able to have steak of some sort on christmas, We always have dang turkey or ham :roll:

Scotty":2sah42mb said:
I only know of two types of wild turkey and don't care for either. Something in a song a man wrote. Whiskeys too rough, champaign cost too much and vodka puts my mouth in gear. I like beer.

Scotty

Would that be Tom T. Hall?

Love almost any kind of beef, tators, gravy & catheads or homemade rolls.

Once in awhile the wife will surprize us with chicken enchilotos with Mexican fixings for a holiday meal. But most of the time it's the ole turkey, ham, dressing, etc routine.

;-)

I'm looking forward to eating some turkey. Not that I don't love beef, but I eat that pretty near every day and a change is always nice.

The "thank-God-mothers" are both putting on quite a spread - and between my stepMom and Honey's Mom it's going to be a real gutbuster again (Honey's Mom always makes a few pans of homemade fudge to tide us over between meals while we play cards).

Take care.

We have a wild hog hind quarter for Christmas this year, and my mouth is watering just thinking of it! BBQ'd up one side of his ribs last weekend just to try him out, and man-oh-man was it ever good! So this better cut of meat ought to be downright tastey!

Christmas eve we have tamales and for Christmas day we do the
turkey and dressing with all the fixins.
Merry Christmas to all.
R.T.

TR":utxse8qk said:
We have a wild hog hind quarter for Christmas this year, and my mouth is watering just thinking of it! BBQ'd up one side of his ribs last weekend just to try him out, and man-oh-man was it ever good! So this better cut of meat ought to be downright tastey!

Last summer my adopted pseudo-daughter brought us a haunch from a wild pig from TX. Put that sucker on the BBQ and cooked it a couple of hours, best pig I've eaten since the last wild pig we had.

dun

I have to do a seafood dinner for my kids. We will have crab, lobster, shrimp and scallops. It has become a tradition for the past few years and they really look forward to it.
My favorite is prime rib with horseradish sauce.The best recipe is:
1 T fresh grated or 3 T bottled horseradish
coarse salt
fresh ground pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup heavy craem, whipped to soft peaks
Stir the HR, salt, pepper,and lemon juice into the whipped cream.
This is good on any beef dish.

Latest posts