What do yall think about this salers bull? *pics*

Help Support CattleToday:

I realize that pictures are not a real good way to check out what an animal looks like, as depending on the angle, they can make the animal either look great or awful.
something you need to take into account is just because an animal is young doesn't always mean he is a good heifer bull, he may or may not throw a easy birth calf.
By the pictures, I would like to see a 2 year old bull with better muscle definition in the hind end, and from the pictures it looks like his hind legs may be a bit too straight, and his top line looks a bit bumpy. But then pictures are not real good, and the angle is wierd, so he may look better in real life.

Not all salers are red. If they are black they have had a limo angus or other black hided bull in it's genetics somewhere. And the guy I'm renting from has a set of calves out of him now and out of 40 something the heaviest was 68 lbs.

So he throws small calves, but do they grow well once they hit the ground?
I have heard stories out there of people who repeatedly chose small birth weight calving bulls, but forgot to check how well they grew afterwards, and their final size and ended up with tiny full grown cattle....

j&lfarms":3ulugv0t said:
Not all salers are red. If they are black they have had a limo angus or other black hided bull in it's genetics somewhere. And the guy I'm renting from has a set of calves out of him now and out of 40 something the heaviest was 68 lbs.

That was my point if you are going to run Angus genetic's run the real thing.

Latest posts