What do ya think?

Help Support CattleToday:

He is a good looking bull, but I think what says even more than his looks, is the fact that most of the other bulls in the sale look quite good too. I find it funny how so many outfits promote the hell out of a bull, then at their sale, he's the only thing worth lookin' at. Consistency? What's that?

But, obviously not the case here.

Don't know about the other Canucks on the board, but a breeding program like these Wheelers are exposing kinda makes you proud to be Canadian.

Good work mfw.

Thanks for all the positive comments. It is always nice to hear such positive comments about our cattle. The last couple years in the cattle business in Canada have been a little bit of a downer, so its nice to see some postive optimism.

Our sale was last weekend so here's a brief sale report. We averaged $2980 on sixty plus bulls. The weather was not that good, but we had a good crowd. We had to pull the bull that I posted on the board out of the sale because he is testing immature. The vets say he will be fine but we don't know if he'll test in 2 weeks or 2 months. It sure was disappointing because we had LOTS of interest in him. We're planning on keeping him for now and getting him breeding and then sell him in a sale this fall.

Ditto, congrats. Glad to hear the avg was good, too bad about the bull not testing. $h!t happens ya know. Doesn't necessarily mean he's no good.

mfw074":12zf4xpy said:
We averaged $2980 on sixty plus bulls.
You had a fairly decent sale anyhow. The sales have cheapened up in the past few days.
Hopefully he will test positive for you soon. He's a hel!'uva good bull.

Well, you could have just told the folks you didn't want to sell him, instead of giving the veterinary excuse. ;-)

I bet he'll test fine next week, or at least soon enough to breed all your cows with. :D

mtnman

Very very nice bull! It sounds like it worked out to your advantage that he didn't test. I bet he'll have some really nice babies!

Latest posts