What do ya think?

Help Support CattleToday:

He is nice looking bull. IMO he's a better bull than lots I have seen here.

He looks awesome. He is as good or better than most of the Advance sons here. its tough to say that from just a photo though. These Advance cattle I think are what the RA breed has been needing for a long time. Power, muscle, & length.

I like him. Goodluck. let us know how he sells.

Distance shouldn't stop ya. I always tell my Dad that, you can sit on a horse or in the tractor all day or week long. So a little windshield time is nothing.

Unfortunately, during calving season can't quite see travelling 1,117 km (694 miles), even to go to a sale with bulls of that calibre (and that's one-way distance). :(

Oh well, maybe one of the purebred breeders in this area that calves later will be bringing some of that quality back north. Might be able to get a son of one of those bulls in years to come that way.

Mfw074, Good luck with your sale and sure hope someone from the Peace River area of AB or BC brings a few of those bulls to the northwest.

Take care.

He looks awsome to me. I agree with ollie', he's much better than most of the Reds and/or Blacks I've seen in the US of A.

Good look on the sale. Please post a report.

seems kinda unfair that the rest of them didnt get a trim and shine like he did.

Unfortunately he is the only one that is halter broke, so it made it kinda hard to make the others look quite as good.

Lots I hope, but you never really know. After all it is an auction sale. We could have crappy weather that day and no one can come. I'm hopin he'll bring atleast $5000. Thanks for all the positive comments.

mfw074":2mbw39fj said:
Lots I hope, but you never really know. After all it is an auction sale. We could have crappy weather that day and no one can come. I'm hopin he'll bring atleast $5000. Thanks for all the positive comments.

I was gonna guess between $6,000 and $8,000. If he was black I'd pay that for him.

So the guy who posted a few days ago he paid $13 or $15,000 for his bull what would the huge difference if this bull is the cats meow but would only bring $ 5 to $6,000 ?

What frame score is the bull? Do you have any carcass data?

mfw074-A giant step upward with a very good bull! He will mature into real "Pasture Candy", and I hope you keep a pretty good % breeding interest in him.. If you would campaign him properly and really stress his abilities - you would have a real Money Maker! I like him a lot!

DOC HARRIS

I like your bull. If you can post a picture of his momma. I also liked the bull in another post that was 15k. I would like to see epds on them both. I hope to get some Red Angus and Polled Herefords here in the next year and a half. I want to develop a bloodline that is different from the mainstream stuff. A real maternal line. I'm rambling now... Good luck at the sale i hope he does well for you.

Nice bull MFW, still don't think it gives you any reason to miss meetings!

HA HA! B said you had talked to her!

What does he measure?
What does he weigh?
When is your sale?

I don't have a picture of the cow when you can see her that well, like in the catalog. There is always a big calf standing in front of her. His EPD's are on the page, and he will be ultrasounded in a couple of days. I hope that he will have great data just like Advance. He is getting semen tested today but I think he measures about 37-38cm and based on the last time he was weighed he'll be right about 1350-1375 now. Haven't frame scored him but I can tell you he is around a 6 or just below maybe. Our sale is March 11th, the same day as LLB.

Hey SEC, you'll have to tell me if anything really exciting happened at the meetings. Just couldn't miss another day of work. The jr conference was great, I think you would have enjoyed some of the speakers.

Latest posts