DSC01821.jpg

Reload heifer March 09, weight 657
DSC01829.jpg

March 09 Powerhouse weight 614
DSC01807-1.jpg

March 09 Independence lightest at 480
DSC01812.jpg

March Reload March 09 weight 555
Thanks for the input, we don't show yet.

No comments? Wow, I know they're not fancy "show" animals. Just wondering if were headed in the right direction.

Look like good functional heifers, deep sided, good boned, balanced, I like the looks of 657 and 555.

They are all quite doable heifers. maybe a bit piecy as they say but have some good parts to them. As far as showing, the first two could be a bit cleaner and longer up front. All seem to have good depth of body and adequate bone. All seem to be a good base for whatever you are doing. can they show? maybe not at the top but with some work they may not be so shabby.

Thanks so far. I am learning how the judge cattle and this helps a lot. We have a small herd and we didn't buy top dollar animals either. I'm happy with them, just need some expert input to help me along!

WisRose":1v7tc587 said:
Thanks so far. I am learning how the judge cattle and this helps a lot. We have a small herd and we didn't buy top dollar animals either. I'm happy with them, just need some expert input to help me along!

you don't need an 'experts' help, the calves look fine, do you like them? Objectively are there things you'd change about them? If so find some sires that will move them in the direction you want to go and produce the type and kind you want to look at.

Latest posts