What business are you really in?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita":sj2j7r4h said:
kucala5":sj2j7r4h said:
Production and shipping coordinator for a world class boat manufacturer. Chief cowhand and critter collector. :cboy:
Oh, so you know Rip Van Winkle.
On second thought, it's been about 12 years since I talked to him. He may be retired by now, or payed back against a tree sleeping

Recently retired from near 26 years dispatching for Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS. I'm not "officially" old enough to retire but it was time to get out of that rat race. People are changing, and NOT for the better, sad to say!!

Now I am working at many things; cows and calves, horses, taking care of mowing and maintenance on 3 homes, doing the books for the trucking business and trapping gophers. In about 2 months we'll be haying.

I'm already finding that I'm WAY too busy to have a full-time job again... LOL and I'm sure I'm leaving something off....

Ouachita":3qizpruq said:
kucala5":3qizpruq said:
Production and shipping coordinator for a world class boat manufacturer. Chief cowhand and critter collector. :cboy:
Indeed I did. Flew a few miles with Mr. Rip. He retired several years ago and sadly passed away last year.

kucala5":1ouyukqr said:
Ouachita":1ouyukqr said:
kucala5":1ouyukqr said:
Indeed I did. Flew a few miles with Mr. Rip. He retired several years ago and sadly passed away last year.
Small world.

Caustic Burno":82fjuj06 said:
The scardest I ever was in my life was in a Ranger boat.
Fishing a speck tournament on Galveston Bay, drew a guy in the club that had a 19 foot CC Ranger.
We were going across West Bay when I looked at the speedometer read 62
I said Billy if you will just stop I will get out and walk back. You can walk across that bay on most any given day
it is only 4 to 5 foot deep and full of oyster reefs. Never got in that boat again I had no desire to commit suicide.
If we had hit Karankawa reef at low tide they would have never found us.
CB if he had it trimmed out there was only about 18 inches of the boat in the water. I cut a sand bar in two once....guy in the passenger seat ended up at the front of the boat. She just kept on churning til she got thru the sand bar, reared up and took off again. On a smooth lake mine would peg the speedometer. I was much younger then. I"m happy now with a flat bottom and a 7.5 horse Evinrude. :lol2:

TexasBred":1tj6dmjl said:
Caustic Burno":1tj6dmjl said:
Fishing a speck tournament on Galveston Bay, drew a guy in the club that had a 19 foot CC Ranger.
I said Billy if you will just stop I will get out and walk back. You can walk across that bay on most any given day
it is only 4 to 5 foot deep and full of oyster reefs. Never got in that boat again I had no desire to commit suicide.
CB if he had it trimmed out there was only about 18 inches of the boat in the water. I cut a sand bar in two once....guy in the passenger seat ended up at the front of the boat. She just kept on churning til she got thru the sand bar, reared up and took off again. On a smooth lake mine would peg the speedometer. I was much younger then. I"m happy now with a flat bottom and a 7.5 horse Evinrude. :lol2:

18" is 17" to much when you find an oyster reef in the bay. :shock: You can push through sand and mud.

The builder that I do alot of work for invited me out on his boat its one of those big 30 something foot sleek speed boats and we were taking it down to the beach from near where I live and never will I get on it again he had to be going over 100 cause the wind was practically forcing my mouth open he had a big block motor on it and that thing was cutting the wind. He was laughing the whole time.

Brute 23":u5fxrt44 said:
TexasBred":u5fxrt44 said:
Caustic Burno":u5fxrt44 said:

18" is 17" to much when you find an oyster reef in the bay. :shock: You can push through sand and mud.

Seen several lower units completely sheared off by oyster reefs and one ole boy take the transom out.
We were fishing Todd's dump in Galveston Bay, this was were Todd's sunk there old wore out barges.
He came flying through there and hit one ripped the motor off and tore a huge hole in the transom.

being a good steward of the land God has blessed me with. hopefully pass it on to someone else in better shape than I found it

skyhightree1":15511104 said:
The builder that I do alot of work for invited me out on his boat its one of those big 30 something foot sleek speed boats and we were taking it down to the beach from near where I live and never will I get on it again he had to be going over 100 cause the wind was practically forcing my mouth open he had a big block motor on it and that thing was cutting the wind. He was laughing the whole time.

Wasn't you on here about a month ago bragging about doing 120 on a motorcycle with your wife on the back? I'll take the boat!

I supervise stump making operations.

Here's one of the stump makers in action.

IMAG1022.jpg

Deepsouth":zgdh09q1 said:
skyhightree1":zgdh09q1 said:

Wasn't you on here about a month ago bragging about doing 120 on a motorcycle with your wife on the back? I'll take the boat!

lI can't swim very well and not a big fan of boats. :oops: :cry2:

I am a Nurse Consultant for a privately owned Pharmacy. I teach IV Therapy, (and many other subjects to Nurses) along with Quality Assurance, Consulting and Auditing in Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Cattle, Horses, and Dogs are my love. Had them all my life. (And I ain't young!) ;-)

Latest posts