what breed is this

Help Support CattleToday:

kata, its a really bad photo to tell much.

She's orange . . . so she could be jersey, or limo, or a light red angus . . . or any number of breeds.

If you could get a better photo, we cant tell you exactly what she is but we can say what she might be.

Curious . . . how do you know she's a miniature?

as said the pic isnt that good.but she does look like a jersey.but you really cant tell from the pic.but i do know this.id get her on some good feed an hay.an id worm her.

and would you please get the kids off of her?? she is just a baby and her legs are not designed to hold that weight, she looks kind of miserable... :(

minpins -- totally agree.

How tall is the adult standing next to the calf? I tend to think she isn't a minature, but rather a normal, underfed, slightly stunted calf.

It looks like a full blooded, paper totin', Mongrel to me.

Just kidding, but does it really matter? The kids look like they're having a ball at that beasts expense.

Ever thought about gettin them a horse or mule?

Ok just calm down everyone. Firstly all my animals are drenched yearly with the 7in 1 vac. And Daisy is not thin she is dairy breed. The adult next to her is only 5foot. the child on her is only 15kg
( as for the cow not likeing it..dogs don't like to walk on a lead the first time either...) My brahman and hereford both 6mths are a good 4hand higher and approx 100kg heavier.
Now in the photo is daisy by herself then again with my 3month old steer.
Thanks Kata

View attachment 1

She is very light boned like a dairy animal, but that's not a Jersey, or any dairy breed that I recognize.

Just because an animal has been vaccinated once doesn't make them healthy. And, just because an animal isn't thin doesn't mean they're not malnourished or stunted. Read that over again. An underfed calf will at first develop a potbelly (slightly noticable on both calves in the 2nd pic), but later tend to be in normal proportions and sometimes even fat, just extremely stunted. I've seen 400lb yearling Holsteins -- and they ought to be double that weight. They're not minatures, they're just not properly fed.

And just FWIW, there's a difference between a dog not liking a leash and a cow carrying too much weight. I've sat on cows' backs before and haven't anything against it. However, take a look again at your pic and note how her topline dips where the child is seated. Doesn't happen if the animal is strong enough to support the weight.

Thanks for your advice. she did have a bad start. thats why I got her from a farmer that didn't want her. she is so friendly she walks around with us. the other one got from the sales but he is doing great on foster mum.
found picture of cow that looks very simular it is a jersey (according to owner), pic from rural american oxen site

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... ywood2.jpg

Kata

katscars":24x3hxe7 said:
Thanks for your advice. she did have a bad start. thats why I got her from a farmer that didn't want her. she is so friendly she walks around with us. the other one got from the sales but he is doing great on foster mum.
found picture of cow that looks very simular it is a jersey (according to owner), pic from rural american oxen site

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... ywood2.jpg

Kata

Hate to break the news to you, but that is not a Jersey head/face

This calf appears in need of a dose of ivermectin (anti-parasite) pour-on. The 7 way Clostridium is good for preventing toxins that can lead to death caused by anaerobic bacteria and you are commended for using preventative measures in this regard.

How about a dose of ivermectin, some minerals, and alfalfa hay along with the other pampering you are sharing with your new pet? A bottle-fed baby (I am assuming) is always entertaining.

Enjoy,

Mr. Greenjeans

P.S. Limousin X Red Angus cross with an obvious 0.005% Marchigiana

the link you posted is not of a jersey and is an udnerfed pile of something not good. You can see his hip bones stickin out and is really gaunt in the sides looks extremely underfed. Its long hair hides some of its blemishes. Give him some grain and quality hay and pour with ivomec to deworm and see what he does he jsut looks to bbe stunted and needs to be pampered. LimX with something finer boned.

Latest posts