What breed is this fella??

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
DSCF0044.JPG

I'm really curious, 'cause he's the only steer in this year's herd that looks like him, especially with a sheath like that :eek: . He's a steer, not a bull, I checked him :roll: .

"Hint": here's what all the other char steers look like (well, similar...you know what I mean...)
DSCF0041.JPG

It's been a long, hot, dry (again) day here, I'm worn out, thoroughly drained and into my second Millier Lite, but ok, I'll bite...are there really such things as white angus? :?

Nah, ya'll are just foolin', right? Kinda like black herefords, right? :p

Alice

Alice":rmqegi2d said:
It's been a long, hot, dry (again) day here, I'm worn out, thoroughly drained and into my second Millier Lite, but ok, I'll bite...are there really such things as white angus? :?

Alice
O-o-o-kay, Boys and Girls! Here's the way the mop flops, the angle dangles and the ball bounces! :shock: :roll: :nod: Genetically, Phenotypically, Legitimately, Esthetically, Absolutely, Completely, Potentially, and Professionally - - there is NO SUCH CREATURE AS A WHITE ANGUS! A Rose is a Rose is a Rose. A Rose by any other name is still a Rose! An Angus is an Angus. A Red Angus is a Red Angus. An "Angus" is a Black Angus. There are no Green Anguses. There are no Purple Anguses. There are no Orange Anguses. There are no Blue Anguses. There are no White Faced Anguses (Registered). There are no Yellow Anguses. There are no Brown Anguses(Registered). And there are no WHITE Anguses.(Registered or NOT registered). There is no such genetic creature that is a WHITE Angus! There may be White-ish bovine animals that can carry minute amounts of Angus genes (VERY minute [pronounced "my - noot"]), BUT there is no such thing as a "White Angus" bovine critter. Cross breeding can produce lots of diverse combinations of colors, shades, and tints. But there are NO White Anguses! Not in the United States, Not in Canada, Not in Brazil, Not in Europe, Not in Mongolia, - - - -and NOT IN AURSTRIL-YUR either! The Murray Grey breed was developed with the help of crossbreeding with Angus Bulls, but that is Murray Grey - NOT Murray Angus or Angus Grey! Angus is Black. Angus is NOT white! The Black Angus gene has been Homozygous for Black for over 130 years. Black is dominant. Homozygous is Homozygous. Heterozygous is Heterozygous. Angus is Homozygous for Black - NOT white!

There are NO White Angus Cattle which can be registered by the American Angus Association.

Angus is Black.

DOC HARRIS

P.S. - By the way, Alice, The Black Hereford IS a legitimate breed, with it's own Registration Association. Not many individuals, but legitimate just the same.

DOC HARRIS

i dont think it is a white angus. it looks more like a charolais to me.

DOC HARRIS":2l8dc753 said:
Alice":2l8dc753 said:

Alice
O-o-o-kay, Boys and Girls! Here's the way the mop flops, the angle dangles and the ball bounces! :shock: :roll: :nod: Genetically, Phenotypically, Legitimately, Esthetically, Absolutely, Completely, Potentially, and Professionally - - there is NO SUCH CREATURE AS A WHITE ANGUS! A Rose is a Rose is a Rose. A Rose by any other name is still a Rose! An Angus is an Angus. A Red Angus is a Red Angus. An "Angus" is a Black Angus. There are no Green Anguses. There are no Purple Anguses. There are no Orange Anguses. There are no Blue Anguses. There are no White Faced Anguses (Registered). There are no Yellow Anguses. There are no Brown Anguses(Registered). And there are no WHITE Anguses.(Registered or NOT registered). There is no such genetic creature that is a WHITE Angus! There may be White-ish bovine animals that can carry minute amounts of Angus genes (VERY minute [pronounced "my - noot"]), BUT there is no such thing as a "White Angus" bovine critter. Cross breeding can produce lots of diverse combinations of colors, shades, and tints. But there are NO White Anguses! Not in the United States, Not in Canada, Not in Brazil, Not in Europe, Not in Mongolia, - - - -and NOT IN AURSTRIL-YUR either! The Murray Grey breed was developed with the help of crossbreeding with Angus Bulls, but that is Murray Grey - NOT Murray Angus or Angus Grey! Angus is Black. Angus is NOT white! The Black Angus gene has been Homozygous for Black for over 130 years. Black is dominant. Homozygous is Homozygous. Heterozygous is Heterozygous. Angus is Homozygous for Black - NOT white!

There are NO White Angus Cattle which can be registered by the American Angus Association.

Angus is Black.

DOC HARRIS

P.S. - By the way, Alice, The Black Hereford IS a legitimate breed, with it's own Registration Association. Not many individuals, but legitimate just the same.

DOC HARRIS

Doc is there any chance the breed could produce an albino???????? :cboy:

I think it looks a little like the Smokies mnmtranching posted.

PS: Beat the rush, Act now; Jump on the White Angus bandwagon while its still a figment of the imagination.

Latest posts