What AI bulls are you using this breeding season?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
It is always interesting to me to see what bulls other folks are using. I have been working on our list it is as follows:

S A V Pioneer Reg# 14940735
Coleman EXT 6149 Reg# 15730734
Coleman Charlo 0256 Reg# 16879074
OCC Missing Link 830M Reg# 14456399
S A V Resource 1441 Reg# 17016597
Cole Creek Cedar Ridge IV Reg# 16134394
OCC Paxton 730P Reg # 14940735
S A V Final Answer 0035 Reg# 13592905

Natural service sires will be:

Sinclair Rito 9R9 Reg# 16352504
Gizmo EXT 1228 658 Reg# 17523770
Gizmo EXT 1246 658 6149 Reg# 17523975
Gizmo Juneau 1221 658 807J Reg# 17523782

At this point I plan to use for sure 1228 and 1246 with the 1221 bull as back up. We have calves on the ground out of both the 1246 and 1221 and like them a bunch. The 1228 bull was used on sale cattle last year so we don't have any of his calves and he is one good rip. I am still juggling a bit on which cow to AI which bull but have it almost done. We start setting up heifers for AI in a few weeks so I better make up my mind soon. We will also be flushing a couple of cows and putting in some purchased embryos so the next few months will keep us pretty busy.

gizmom

Next summer looks like this so far
SAV Mustang
SAV Resource

Unless I see some sort of remarkable change in the plan we will run with this for now.

I'm using Hereford bulls:
PW Victor Boomer P606 Reg# 24020737
SHF Rib Eye M326 R117 Reg# 42584003
J & S WHITEHAWK CSR TIFTON 46X Reg# 43220593

Almost all mature cows will get one service of PRS Blazin Hot (Simmental).
Have a few straws left of Long's Shear Pleasure (3/4 SM) that'll be going in some of the cows, til it's gone.
A few of the higher % Angus cows get what's left of the Waukaru Coppertop (Shorthorn) semen left in the tank.
After that, they all go to the Angus cleanup sire.

Heifers will be bred to Hook's Pharoah 16P, WS All In W111, or Triple C Bettis - all high CE/low BW Simmental sires.

TennesseeTuxedo":1hit1vjj said:
bpwagner115":1hit1vjj said:
Cows
Victor 755t (Hereford)
NLC Upgrade (Simmental)

Heifers
SAV Bismark (Angus)
Victor 719t (Hereford)

We have a Bismarck bull and he's terrific. Throws small calves that grow fast.

This is our first year using him. We work full time away from the farm so we definitely needed something proven for CE. His BW EPD isn't incredibly low which is a little concern considering heifers will be only about 23 months at calving time.

Polled Hereford Bulls we used this summer are bellow. All have great calving ease, have been using Revolution for several years now and just love the calves we get out of him. Got our first On Target calves this year, so far like what we got - have 1 really thick bull calf in particular. First time using York but from what we've seen of his calves doubt we'll be disappointed.

MSU TCF Revolution 4R
Hyalite On Target 936
SHF York 19H Y02
KJ C&L J119 Logic 023R ET - haven't used him in a couple years but really pleased with the 2 daughters we have by him we may have to use him again at some point.

Also used a Revolution son we raised AI out of one of the Logic daughters although not counting him as an AI sire because he's being used natural in another Hereford program that bought him while we kept the right to use him AI in our own herd only.

Heifers:
SAV Bismark
SOO Line Motive

Cows:
SAV Beacon
Dameron C-5 American Classic
B C Eagle Eye
Hoover Dam

We just started AIing the top few individuals in our herd this spring. We used some older type Murray Grey bulls. We AIed a few cows to Monterey Marshall and Cadella Park Golden Boy. We will use Olympia's Pelion to AI to our first calf heifers this winter.
Monterey Marshall:http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums...Murray Greys/MontereyMarshall_zpsdb173a97.jpg

Cadella Park Golden Boy: http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums...y Greys/CadellaParkGoldenBoy3_zps3cdd40d7.jpg

Olympia's Pelion: Pictured at 2 years and weighed 1,400 lbs in the photo. He is 10 out of 10 stars for tenderness when he was tested with Igenity. We have purchased an 8 month old son of this bull to put over our heifers for the next few years. He was in the low 60's for birth weight. Although the bull is still young, he had a good hind quarter and is quite broad.
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums...d Murray Greys/OlympiasPelion_zps5286c216.jpg

It is always interesting to me to see what bulls other folks are using. I have been working on our list it is as follows:
Agreed, and I've been doing the same thing

VAR Reserve
Hoover Dam
PVF Insight
SAV Mustang
Coleman Regis

Also have some interest in:

PA Power Tool
SAV Registry
SAV Angus Valley
Werner War Party
New Day 454
GAR Composure
I am also VERY interested in trying out Connealy Union 215X (Consensus x InFocus), but I'm too chicken to pull the trigger on such a young unproven bull, although if I can get any more info on him in the next year I might try him in 2015. I guess the same goes for Angus Valley, Registry

If anyone has any information or feedback on my list of A.I. bulls, I would much appreciate your criticism and opinion on my current choices.
Thanks
Justin :tiphat:

I'm only AIing the heifers here and haven't figured out the bull to use yet. I saved only red heifers and haven't decided if I want black calves or red calves. Thinking possibly the Simmental Bull New Direction, think he can sire black or red calves and possibly throw that blaze. I find myself liking to many bulls and can't seem to zero in on one. If I haven't figured it out by breeding time my new Packin Heat son I guess will get the job. I enjoy looking at every one else's list and seeing what others are doing, so thanks for starting the thread.

On my personal cows I am using:
Grid maker
Rio Bravo
Premier
Domino 3027
Home run
Legacy
Red Bull
Independence
Red Power
Second Class.
I think that's all of them...

We love our Upgrade calves this year, real consistent!
Some bulls in my tank that will get used (Simmental or Simm Angus):
Lock N Load
CCR Frontier (simm angus carried by ABS)
Uno Mas (Select Sires)
Pays To Dream
Head's Up (LLSF Uprising sire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4sWCRC3Ys)
And some Wide Track.
FYI, Wide Track has an inguinal hernia, and I was told he is not collecting well. Ron got to see him at stud, and saw his huge hernia. He is a nice bull.

I have enjoyed reading what others will be using as well. There are so many bulls out there and so many different quality sires available, and all of them bring different twist to the genetic package. I love to go to other farms to see their cattle and to see how they are stacking their pedigrees. It is also interesting how one bull will really work for one breeder and tank for another. Has anyone ever seen that happen?

Gizmom

Calves on the ground
Sydgen Wake up Call
Oneills Lucky Boy
Oneills Adventure
Sydgen CC&7
CF Prime Minister
Ebonys Grandmaster (Simmental)

Using this Year
Sydgen Black Diamond
Oneills Lucky Boy
Oneills Adventure
Sydgen Trust
Sydgen Liberty
CF Prime Minister
Connealy Comrade

My plans right now, could change a little.

XXP
Sinclair Boss
Sitz Rainmaker 11127
WMR Timeless 458

Heifers
Really Windy 4097
SAV Platnium

Latest posts