what a summer

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
well it is so dry the ponds are shrinking up. had a first ever this week, had a new born calf get stuck in the mud all that was showing was its head and chest. i had knee replacement surgery and was not suppose to be out,. i had to hobble out and pull it out. i went back to check on it and the cow had a set of twin heifers we have never had a set that both lived. a couple days earlier the cow had ripped off one of her teats so i swiped the muddy calf to feed on the bottle.

jcarkie":35h9elhy said:
well it is so dry the ponds are shrinking up. had a first ever this week, had a new born calf get stuck in the mud all that was showing was its head and chest. i had knee replacement surgery and was not suppose to be out,. i had to hobble out and pull it out. i went back to check on it and the cow had a set of twin heifers we have never had a set that both lived. a couple days earlier the cow had ripped off one of her teats so i swiped the muddy calf to feed on the bottle.

Drought is tough , help may be on the way due to Isaac. Just be thankful that you are not 3 to 4 year's into a drought.

JC, I feel your pain. I came through a few showers Sunday within a few miles of the farm. We got nothing that registered. It does look as though we may get a second cutting on our leased pasture. You are right about the ponds looking bad. I hope CB is on target with tropical storm. JC what part of the state are you located?

north central arkansas bout 20 miles from the mlssouri line, we have had a few showers, made the fields a little greener but the water is really going fast, come on issac.

i guess she stepped on it getting up and ripped the bottom half off she was getting pretty full. it looks awful and it drips milk out, she was on the cull list because of a bad udder she has coke bottle teats, and now she did this. but she did deliver twins and took both of them

droughts are rough on the owners an their cattle.hope you have a water source when your pools go dry.weve already started watering the cows here at the house so the cows will come up more.an we still have water in the pools.an we are haying the cows some as well.

Latest posts