WeSuck won't pay for lunch if it's employees order meat.

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":3jo9p2bn said:
Txpiney":3jo9p2bn said:
callmefence":3jo9p2bn said:
I certainly don't agree with their idea of what lunch consist of. But it's their outfit and their dime. Anybody who has a problem with it can go elsewhere.
I would not knowingly buy, use or support in any way, a company with this type of crap they try to force down people's throats

Like a said I'm meat eater in a big way.
But I also believe in right to run your house and property the way you please.
Weather I agree with it or not. And anyone who wants to protest what a business buys it's employees for lunch might as well put on their blue hat.... because that's exactly the kind of mindset you have.
I think it's more about this company pushing the "vegan" agenda then anything imho. I'm so red that I bleed red Mr. Fence. But yes I agree, a company can run it how they see fit... but it's my choice not to support any company that rubs me the wrong way. Heck ,I wouldn't even buy my wife a Dixie Chicks CD after their comments about Busch. :D

Txpiney":1y9kfe4o said:
callmefence":1y9kfe4o said:
Txpiney":1y9kfe4o said:
I would not knowingly buy, use or support in any way, a company with this type of crap they try to force down people's throats

Like a said I'm meat eater in a big way.
But I also believe in right to run your house and property the way you please.
Weather I agree with it or not. And anyone who wants to protest what a business buys it's employees for lunch might as well put on their blue hat.... because that's exactly the kind of mindset you have.
I think it's more about this company pushing the "vegan" agenda then anything imho. I'm so red that I bleed red Mr. Fence. But yes I agree, a company can run it how they see fit... but it's my choice not to support any company that rubs me the wrong way. Heck ,I wouldn't even buy my wife a Dixie Chicks CD after their comments about Busch. :D

Very well said.

My employees will be getting Gatorade apples and ham sandwiches today. I hope nobody gets offended. Because that's all I'm offering.

Nesikep":2suqwq0i said:
Are they paying me on my lunch break? If not they have no business in what I'm doing or eating.
It's their business because they're paying for it. Have you read any of this thread?

Ok. This is where this topic is being discussed.

I am totally with Fence. As I posted on the other thread. Other people, companies, institutions, etc. have the same right to say: Asparagus - It's What's for Dinner. If a company makes Cheerios and that is what they offer for lunch, that is their legal right. Some companies forbid you to carry a gun while at work - that is their right. If one does not like it - go work somewhere else!

She knows they're up shyte creek if they don't feed me well!.. That WeWork ought to know better..
There are times you may have rights but it's unwise to exercise them

Bestoutwest":20tfhran said:
What these people don't understand is that these animals won't be "saved." I can't afford to just keep them around as pets, and I'm super small time. The big guys that own hundreds, and thousands of head are going to mass kill their herds b/c they will never be able to afford to feed them. So, these animals they "save" are still going to end up dead.

Youre so close to getting the point here.
Its not about saving these animals today. The point is to reduce demand for animals in the future so that less and less folks are willing to risk producing beef, pork, chickens.etc. Theyre saving future animals that will never be born and therefore never die...along with never eat, drink or produce CO2. Its the long game at play. Change thinking for future generations today. These types completely understand im never giving up my ribeye, but if they can convince my children or grandchildren to....

greybeard":1615xwca said:
https://therealdeal.com/2018/07/14/wework-goes-vegetarian-refusing-to-pay-for-meat-under-new-company-policy/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/na ... 785409002/

If WeWork employees want a burger while on business, the money is coming out of their own pockets. The global workplace startup told employees this week that the company will ban employees from expensing meals that contain red meat, pork or poultry, Bloomberg reported.

The company won't provide meat for events at its 400 locations, either — part of an effort to reduce its environmental footprint.

"New research indicates that avoiding meat is one of the biggest things an individual can do to reduce their personal environmental impact, even more than switching to a hybrid car," WeWork co-founder Miguel McKelvey said in an email to staffers.

The no-meat policy will also affect self-serve food kiosks at many of WeWork's 400 locations worldwide, according to Bloomberg. Employees wanting "medical or religious" exceptions can hash those out with a company policy team.

WeWork boasts 6,000 employees worldwide, according to Bloomberg. The company estimates its no-meat policy will save 15,507,103 animals by 2023, according to Business Insider, along with 16.6 billion gallons of water and 445.1 million pounds of carbon dioxide, the heat-trapping gas that alters Earth's climate.

WeWork confirmed the policy change to both news outlets. WeWork is perhaps the most well-known company to emerge offering co-working spaces to freelancers, small businesses and even employees of large companies such as Microsoft. The Motley Fool named it one of the top five most valuable startups in America.

This is okay some companies do not want their female employees having birth control pills under their employer sponsored plan because of their religious beliefs. Who ever runs and owns the companies calls the shots.

hurleyjd":27kgvh05 said:
This is okay some companies do not want their female employees having birth control pills under their employer sponsored plan because of their religious beliefs. Who ever runs and owns the companies calls the shots.

Yep. Like it or not "He who hath the gold makes the rules".