Well....they found us

Help Support CattleToday:

your battle with wild hogs is just starting.you can never rid yourself of the hogs.all you can do is trapp an hunt them.we have them around us but thankfully they havent started doing any damage.

ffamom":20bnlw2a said:
Do you have to have a hunting license in Texas to shoot them?

Just tell them it was me who shot them. They'll believe you. :D

They are not "game" but I don't know the specifics. There are laws on selling them and all of that gets really confusing. You cannot sell wild game here in Texas. So if it is legal to sell those hogs, don't know what they can do to you for shooting them.

Three years ago my best coastal field looked like it had been carpet bombed. I have lost count of the numbers I have trapped and eradicated. My record was once 37 but I broke that with 43 in a week's time. So there was 80 in those two weeks alone.

Hogs have tumbled tomb stones in cemeteries to grub worms. The stones have been busted. That is when they brought in the helicopters and ran hogs through all the fences in half the county. The game wardens are sick of hearing about them I am sure.

If any of my neighbors get hog sign, they call me to come put out traps. So we get them now before they get to us - hopefully.

ffamom":3av0906j said:
Do you have to have a hunting license in Texas to shoot them?

No you do not have to have hunting liscense to shoot hogs,yotes or mountain lion's on your own properity.
I called the Game warden here in montague county and that's what I was told.

Cal

We have 4 that come every evening right up to the yard fence and aggravate the dogs. Actually, they are coming up and checking where we are cubing the cows over the fence. Steven has shot at them a couple of times with his bow, smart little suckers, jumped out of the way. The position that they are always in is either in the middle of the cows, or straight in line with the houses back through the woods, so, havn't been able to shoot them with a gun. Course, havn't really tried that hard. They havn't torn anything up on our property yet. They come out of a bigger track of land behind us. I'm sure that they are some that were little pigs that were coming through back in the spring. Back then, there were three different groups, with a total of at least 45.

In Alabama, you need to have a hunting license if you have a gun or bow and you even look like you are hunting. I think most game wardens would be flexible and forgiving if you were shooting at hogs in your corn field or coyotes in your sheep pen.....but the way I read the ~30 page book you technically need to have a valid license on your person even if you own the property.

Latest posts