Well Texas...Is it wet yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark":3k57pq8h said:
Lake Travis for one has been very low for years. I know the folks that have anything to do with that lake are thrilled. I used to fish it when I lived there and had a great time. Have an ex co-worker that has a retirement place there.

The rains haven't helped the San Angelo area lakes much. 30-35% when I looked a couple days ago.
But.
The Highland Lakes watershed is experiencing historic flooding. This is a serious situation and people should take action to protect people and property. Also:
-- Four floodgates remain open at Mansfield Dam today. Based on current conditions, LCRA does NOT anticipate that additional floodgates will need to be opened at Mansfield Dam today. However, this is a dynamic situation and conditions could change.
-- Based on current conditions, LCRA now projects that Lake Travis will rise within a range of 704 to 706 feet above mean sea level by Saturday. Those projections could change if additional rain falls in the lower Colorado River basin.
-- Additional rainfall could cause LCRA to need to open up to four additional floodgates at Mansfield Dam to move floodwaters downstream. If that happens, we will alert the public and local officials immediately. Please check this page frequently for updates.
-- Anyone downstream of Mansfield Dam should remain prepared for the potential that additional floodgates may be needed.
-- See LCRA's Flood Operations Report for more on current conditions on the Highland Lakes.
-- Flood operations continue at Buchanan, Inks, Wirtz, Starcke, Mansfield and Tom Miller dams. Flows throughout the Highland Lakes are swift and high.
-- LCRA has closed lakes Buchanan, Inks, LBJ, Marble Falls and Travis until further notice.
-- Check LCRA's Hydromet for rainfall totals, stream flow and lake levels.

Lake levels and how much is being discharged:
https://floodstatus.lcra.org/#llevels

You have to weather the storm to get the rainbow. No brag just fact. Folks have been needing the rainbow, self included!

Working on a new theory about getting it to rain.....just pull the floor on your 39 year old gooseneck trailer to repair rust damage.... I pulled the floor last Friday to determine how bad it was and determine what I needed. Got most of it welded up Saturday but didnt finish. Started a light rain about 30 minutes after I got back on it this afternoon.

Fellow Texans above: Fortunately (for all of us) yall are getting a lot more than I am. Last night's little rain was the first that finally ran off into the pond some. I rode over all mine on 4 wheeler today and I think I can still get over most of it in my pickup if I am careful.

Glad to see the parts of Texas & Oklahoma that has needed it so long to finally get some real rain..just hope the spigot gets cut off at the right time and doesn't run all winter. Last Jan/Feb here was awful wet and messy, tho we were thankful it wasn't so much the river got out.

Latest posts