Well, how 'bout it--have we seen the last freeze in E Texas?

Help Support CattleToday:

I am waiting until Friday to call it as it snowed on Good Friday 2005 with everything leafed out.
Never has before or since burnt child is scared of fire.

Had a freeze and freezing precip with a little accumulation on May 2. Just can't remember if it was last year or year before. I've been disappointed in my memory lately, and how fast time slips away.

Last year. Winter hung around a long time in 2014--almanac said it got down to 38 here on May 1, and 42 on May 2 2014.

They're calling for another freeze tomorrow night. As if the trees haven;t had enough flowers knocked offof them by the last freeze.

Texas Gal":2kixgxyj said:
backhoeboogie":2kixgxyj said:
Mesquite trees have buds. Pecan trees have buds. Berry plants are putting out blooms.

We may be safe.

Just last year, we had a hard freeze ( down to 25) the night of April 21st, which was Easter Monday. All the fruit trees and berries were frozen. I sure hope were done with freezing weather. I need to make jelly this summer; we're getting low. :D

Us too. No boysenberry jelly. I put 35 new plants in the ground. Looks like 31 are going to make, so far. 9 more are sprouting in cans from last fall. That'll fill that row.

Latest posts