Welcome to Salem

Help Support CattleToday:

Sulphuric

Reaction score
There are times that I think Macon should have a standard 'Welcome to Salem' greeting.
If someone is not born with the total knowledge of the cattle business, or asks for advice or suggestions that fall outside of peoples experience he gets jumped on and ridiculed.
I wonder how many people have been driven off that could have been of value.

it happens a lot on message boards. people want to show off their mediocre knowledge more than help someone who could use it.

I guess i didnt miss much while i was gone. Now, now boys and girls-- theres not much time left to start being good. Santy Claus is on his way..

Beefy":mu4d3fgu said:
I guess i didnt miss much while i was gone. Now, now boys and girls-- theres not much time left to start being good. Santy Claus is on his way..

Long time no see there Beefy, I think there was a search party sent out for you recently. Hope all is well. :D

I have always said you have to have a tough skin for this board, but it's a great board with lots of good info on. After a little while you learn who's who and what they are about. Just try to keep the "posse" off your tail they come at you from all sides! :eek: :eek: :D

Glad to see you back Beefy... I try not to let other fix my computer, I want to be the one to mess things up. LOL

Alan

Sulphuric":22ys73o7 said:
There are times that I think Macon should have a standard 'Welcome to Salem' greeting.
If someone is not born with the total knowledge of the cattle business, or asks for advice or suggestions that fall outside of peoples experience he gets jumped on and ridiculed.
You noticed that ?

Speaking for myself and I think a lot of the others here as well. I don't mind helping anyone that ask for advice. The biggest problem is when someone says I run 500 cows, I have one that lays down chewing a lot of the time. What do I do? That would not be a big deal if it was from someone that was really new to cattle and needed a answer. But from someone claiming to run 500 cattle should know better. It don't make anydifferance if your running 1 or 1000 just be honest and you'll get a answer to your question. Some of our answers are differant. We come from all over the world. What works for me wont work for someone somewhere else. Some of the questions no one can really answer without seeing the cow. Some folks just don't want to pay for a vet. There is a great vet on this site, she has went above and beyond to help a lot of people, for no charge. How many vets do you know that will do that. Yea we take jabs at each other sometimes, most other "families" do the same. IF a ligitament question is ask it will be answered.

Ryder":26sp5sb5 said:
Sulphuric":26sp5sb5 said:
You noticed that ?

Man if if he thinks this board is tough he had better stay away from the salebarn.

I think Bama summed it up pretty well. And as Alan said, a tough skin is helpful. Sometimes some posts can be a bit "rough" but most of the time, I don't think anyone means any harm. Some folks here are "straight shooters" and don't sugar coat things and that can sound harsh, but they're being honest about their opinions and thoughts. Overall, there's a pretty good bunch of people here.

Katherine

I think Bama did hit the nail on the hand, Nice post which gets you a "me too". When y'all dealing with a Critter that can kill you or miss handing your Ranch can run you out of business. Playing nice nice, is less important then telling the truth.

Cowboy up......... Help is not hearing what you want to hear, But keeping you in the Business, Cattle ranching is hard but I would not trade it for the world.

Sulphuric":26p755vf said:
Another one of your beloved relatives Burno :?:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2i5dgw7a said:
Sulphuric":2i5dgw7a said:
Maybe Sulphuric left off his last name. :)

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":20bvbr20 said:
Sulphuric":20bvbr20 said:

Not one of mine, my family is tougher than wet rawhide and spring steel. You wouldn't be herein wah wah wah, somebody would have a knot on there head.

But I can definitely understand him wanting to be in a family of cattlemen he wouldn't have to feel like an idiot on the board.

Caustic Burno":2bmei0no said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2bmei0no said:
Sulphuric":2bmei0no said:

You wouldn't be herein wah wah wah, somebody would have a knot on there head.
Would'nt that be Domestic Violence? :lol:

Crowderfarms":1d07r5jf said:
Caustic Burno":1d07r5jf said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1d07r5jf said:
Sulphuric":1d07r5jf said:

You wouldn't be herein wah wah wah, somebody would have a knot on there head.
Would'nt that be Domestic Violence? :lol:

No Manners 101

Bama":1ruso2b8 said:
Speaking for myself and I think a lot of the others here as well. I don't mind helping anyone that ask for advice. The biggest problem is when someone says I run 500 cows, I have one that lays down chewing a lot of the time. What do I do? That would not be a big deal if it was from someone that was really new to cattle and needed a answer. But from someone claiming to run 500 cattle should know better. It don't make anydifferance if your running 1 or 1000 just be honest and you'll get a answer to your question. Some of our answers are differant. We come from all over the world. What works for me wont work for someone somewhere else. Some of the questions no one can really answer without seeing the cow. Some folks just don't want to pay for a vet. There is a great vet on this site, she has went above and beyond to help a lot of people, for no charge. How many vets do you know that will do that. Yea we take jabs at each other sometimes, most other "families" do the same. IF a ligitament question is ask it will be answered.

I have this cow that just lays around all the time and just chews, and chews and chews. I don't know how she stays so fat!
I think I'll sell her, she's fat and lazy...

buckaroo_bif":bbjnswbz said:
I have this cow that just lays around all the time and just chews, and chews and chews. I don't know how she stays so fat!
I think I'll sell her, she's fat and lazy...
Maybe you need to get you a bucket calf until you get a little more experience, Bif.

buckaroo_bif":1gwiusg8 said:
Advice taken Texan.
But you don't keep fat lazy cows do you??
I don't know for sure, Bif. I'll have to take a picture and then post a question on the Vet Board. Then they'll probably want me to haul her to three different vets. Then Caustic will probably say to shoot the cow, anyway.

Maybe the best thing to do is just not check 'em regular enough to know if she's fat and lazy?