Welcome to Salem

Help Support CattleToday:

Good advice again Texan.
If she wants to lay around and stay fat I'll just try not to pay any attention cause it really does bug me.
She still throws a mighty fine calf though! :lol:

buckaroo_bif":2xnmsazf said:
If she wants to lay around and stay fat I'll just try not to pay any attention cause it really does bug me.
She still throws a mighty fine calf though! :lol:
What color is she? What's her name? Can you pet her?

:shock:

Oh NO! She's mean! And she's red! I tried to grab her newborn calf the other day so I could tag him and she jumped up and came running at a dead run with her head down! I jumped up on the pickup and she started snorting and ramming the truck doors. I got out of there fast! I think I will let my cousin check on her from now on.

Texan":2wr5dq9e said:
buckaroo_bif":2wr5dq9e said:
Advice taken Texan.
But you don't keep fat lazy cows do you??
I don't know for sure, Bif. I'll have to take a picture and then post a question on the Vet Board. Then they'll probably want me to haul her to three different vets. Then Caustic will probably say to shoot the cow, anyway.

Maybe the best thing to do is just not check 'em regular enough to know if she's fat and lazy?

Naw I wouldn't shoot her for being fat and lazy, but we could probablly find some good reason she needed shooting.

buckaroo_bif":2yr71xgl said:

Oh NO! She's mean! And she's red! I tried to grab her newborn calf the other day so I could tag him and she jumped up and came running at a dead run with her head down! I jumped up on the pickup and she started snorting and ramming the truck doors. I got out of there fast! I think I will let my cousin check on her from now on.

See I knew it she did need shooting.

Caustic Burno":3iqk5kga said:
buckaroo_bif":3iqk5kga said:

You're right Burno!
Do you shoot your mean cows?

buckaroo_bif":3nq0fwq4 said:
Caustic Burno":3nq0fwq4 said:
buckaroo_bif":3nq0fwq4 said:

You're right Burno!
Do you shoot your mean cows?

No I can handle anything with hair on it. I was worried about such a bad tempered bovine hurting you.

Went to tag a new calf today,grabbed it by the tail it went to hollerin for it's momma and the whole herd charged me. My bull put me on top of a big ole brush pile till they cooled down. That would have been a good one to tape for that funniest video show. :lol:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1x58ixnw said:
Went to tag a new calf today,grabbed it by the tail it went to hollerin for it's momma and the whole herd charged me. My bull put me on top of a big ole brush pile till they cooled down. That would have been a good one to tape for that funniest video show. :lol:

:lol: I hate it when that happens! :lol:

There's also a lot of people that misinterpret things on this board when people ask for advice. Sometimes I think if you had neighbors like some of the people on the board you would be better off to shoot them than your mean cows, or just let your cousins take care of them hahaha....man some of these guys on here are real winners, but there really is a lot of info on this board from the guys/gals that actually give a realistic answer to your questions.

Case IH":2gglwczs said:
There's also a lot of people that misinterpret things on this board when people ask for advice. Sometimes I think if you had neighbors like some of the people on the board you would be better off to shoot them than your mean cows, or just let your cousins take care of them hahaha....man some of these guys on here are real winners, but there really is a lot of info on this board from the guys/gals that actually give a realistic answer to your questions.

I was kinda thinkin you had logged on as Old Sulphuric.

I have no intentions of steering anyone wrong, ever Case IH.
Pardon me if it seemed that way.
bif

Case IH":3hnuy3da said:
Some people come on here wanting advice but don't want to take it because it's not what they want to do.

Case IH":1sngi0jb said:

Sounds if the posse is riding again, give the new guys a break. Some just want answers and don't understand the answer they get.

Alan

Case IH, I liked your answer so I wasn't using as an issue of debate.

Sorry,
Alan

I have not been posting here for very long but feel there are some folks on this board with a heck of a lot of good advise and knowledge as well as just plain another way of doing and saying things.

When I first came on board I got into it with someone over something I should have just let go of but instead kept it going.

A few months later that same someone helped me with a tractor problem I was having just by just reading what I had written here and I was very thankful for that.

Just keep in mind some folks have differnet ways of saying what is on their mind and sometimes it may come off harsh when written here in cyberspace.

Bet ya' a dollar and a bag of donuts the guy I had a problem with here would be one heck of a neighbor to have around and he and I would be really good friends.

J

FWIW- Gotta go now, I hear my Mountain Cur chasing a cougar out of the yard :D .

Case IH":uzo2pe3w said:

Case,

I haven't been posting for that long, but if you would see what some people post, you would understand the sarcasm. You have a head start...you listed where your from (which when you don't people seem to question), you've proved that you have a sense of humor by your last post, and your not from Tennessee calling yourself TCM57 with multiple personalities.

Even the ones that you say are "real winners" are sometimes extremely experienced. I saw you kind of "get into it" with la4angus, but he is extremely experienced and has been around cattle for along time. So what if caustic has a "problem" with shooting everything...he's very knowledgable as well. As long as he's not within 300-400 yards from your cattle, you won't have a problem (sorry caustic, I know I probably underestimated your range with that 30-06) A few weeks ago I got offended by something caustic said and I pm'd him. He was very nice in answering back something along the lines of "chill out, just joking".

Good luck with the wild cow. Ashamed you don't live close to east texas, I know someone who would shoot her for you.

Well folks, you know I may have a warped sense of humor but I do not attack people personally and their lack of cow sense. I am not puposedly rude to folks. If someone asks a really dumb question I do what I can to help or I avoid it altogether. If I see some humor in something I don't mean any harm by making a joke out of it.
My apologies once again Mr. Case IH.
I will say this though, in my honest arrogant opinion. I believe there is a good number of people that are trying to get in the cattle business that would be just as well to stay somewhere else. It doesn't do the cows any good nor the business as a whole including the cattle market to have, a large number of
urban dwellers wanting to be cowboys.
Where did I once here> "find another sand box to play in." ?
That about sums up what I have to say!
bif