Weird question

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
This might be a weird question, buuutttttt, Can I feed calves orange and potato peels? What about Kimchi, if anbody knows what that is.

I hate to throw somethign away if they could actually eat it. Just a handful of each is all I have at any one time.

Not an expert on feeding but I would say yes to the oranges and potato peels. I don't think I would try the kimchi. I would hate to even think what that spicy stuff would do to their rumen. I would think it would upset the balance terribly.

ok, the kimchi stays in the frige and the calves get the potato and orange peels.

my hiefer loves orange peels i hav a tree next to the pin and eat em and throw the peels in the feed bow

Several years ago a California farmer who had orange groves and a dairy herd fed his 'surplus' oranges to his cows. He reported that they loved them (whole oranges). Unfortunately, the D of A fined him big time. They claimed the quota limits on oranges precluded him from using his oranges for ANY purpose except for plowing them under as fertilizer.

Gotta love California. No really, ya GOTTA love them, otherwise Hillywood will blacklist you, the governor will terminate you and the DA will fine you.

Latest posts