Weighed bull calf today....

Help Support CattleToday:

do you rember the breeding on his mother hoss, and by the way nice job sounds like your headed in the right direction with your breeding program.

angusdave63":2ltby78l said:
do you rember the breeding on his mother hoss, and by the way nice job sounds like your headed in the right direction with your breeding program.
Mother is a grade red angus cow out of King Rob. Sire is a pure bred Gelbvieh out of Atlas 101N.

HOSS":2g3321a7 said:
angusdave63":2g3321a7 said:
Mother is a grade red angus cow out of King Rob. Sire is a pure bred Gelbvieh out of Atlas 101N.

The Atlas give you muscle not a ton of size. The King Rob much the same but maybe a little bigger.

tom4018":uzcisri5 said:
Makes you wonder what his mature size will be.

Yes Tom that is a good question. I have only kept 1 calf out of this cow, a heifer directly out of Atlas 101N. She weaned off extremely heavy for a heifer at 803 lbs / 205 days but really slowed down as a yearling and the other heifer calves caught up to her about that time. The sire of the bull calf is probably a high 6 to 7 score and roughly 1,700 lbs at 2.5 years old. I hope he moderates out like his sister did but time will tell.

That bull calf looks pretty good indeed. My heaviest calves this year were a smidge over 700, my steers averaged to about 650 or so, about 625 avg for the heifers, including the 2 shrimp heifers, one form a first timer and the other from a now-culled cow. The 3 heifers I kept are from 650 to 700 lbs, with the lighter one being a month younger. I have one late born bull calf who's 400 lbs at 2 1/2 months, so I've got big hopes for him, He's 1/2 GV, 1/4 Shorthorn and the remainder is herf whatever.

Latest posts