Weather Change

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
Cloudy this morning screwed me up big time. Had people lined up to help pick up square bales, but I couldn't start baling until close to noon today. Called off a couple people as they had to travel the furthest, but still managed to bale 300 squares. Also made a couple phone calls and was able to get someone to come round bale the field and got 45 round bales. Still didn't bale everything that I cut though. Praying the 20% chance the weather guesser are calling for late next week doesn't come here. I paid $10 per round bale for just baling.

BE0D2D88-2898-4CA8-AEF3-63EC1E9D7351_zpss7uyfaoy.jpg

C04014A8-4BE6-4BFC-A433-ACD26889AC8D_zps703zxofj.jpg

all Bahaia. The guy that round baled reraked with his v-rake and I baled his windrows. They were some BIG windrows. This was also first cutting of the year and nothing was cut or shred earlier this year. The fields were thick thick.

I pulled up the GIS map and figured out that the round bale field is 7.5 acres, so that is 6 bales to the acre. The square bale field is 1 acre and that works out to 200 bales to the acre.

Hay 2015 for myself is complete with 45 round bales from earlier and 500 square bales put up in the barns. Baled 332 squares today and that filled up every barn I had empty. Way more hay than I need, but I'd rather have it than not. Still have 7.25 acres to cut and bale and will do round bales on that tract to sell.

Got the old Ford Jubilee started this morning and moved 4 round bales with it into one of the barns. I cant do it with the Kubota with the ROPS and my homemade top, but that's ok as it gives me a chance to run the old Ford.

Latest posts