We need more Lower Tier Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Ron, I know it would be! Thanks for the invitation would be nice to meet you, I'll check my calendar and planner. Have lots of things going on this summer and trying to plan a long get away this Fall to New York and to go by the Hudson Pines Dispersal. I'll PM you if I can work it in and see if it will work for us both.

In my part of Illinois and Indiana, it's called chowder. By definition (mine), it needs to have squirrel in it, and be cooked over a wood fire. Some people swear it needs to be cooked under a catalpa tree, soo the catalpa worms fall into the pot from the rising heat, but I won't go that far. You ever seen one of them suckers?

I happen to live in the self proclaimed chowder capitol of the world. I'm not sure about that, but every small community and club for miles around has a chowder every year.

Clodhopper":5r7klbdy said:
In my part of Illinois and Indiana, it's called chowder. By definition (mine), it needs to have squirrel in it, and be cooked over a wood fire. Some people swear it needs to be cooked under a catalpa tree, soo the catalpa worms fall into the pot from the rising heat, but I won't go that far. You ever seen one of them suckers?

I happen to live in the self proclaimed chowder capitol of the world. I'm not sure about that, but every small community and club for miles around has a chowder every year.

In my childhood, every other farm house had a catalpa tree in the yard. I never see one now. Do you still have them?

Bright Raven":2mv651u3 said:
Clodhopper":2mv651u3 said:

In my childhood, every other farm house had a catalpa tree in the yard. I never see one now. Do you still have them?
We have a very old catalpa tree.. last thing around here to leaf out and bloom.. it's a pretty dilapidated old tree with no vigor left in it

Bright Raven":2lc2bid9 said:
Clodhopper":2lc2bid9 said:

They're thick in these parts, I have two in my yard. They've been in bloom lately. There'll almost always be a storm to blow the blooms off them, but we missed the big one last Saturday, so I don't think that will happen this year.

Latest posts