Waylon

Help Support CattleToday:

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page:
This story was completely made up by Russ Rollins, sadly in 2018, It's not hard to believe.
And yet if Baby It's Cold Outside is now considered offensive I don't doubt Waylon is thiiiiiis close :roll:

TCRanch":1pb5mukd said:
Scroll down to the very bottom of the page:
This story was completely made up by Russ Rollins, sadly in 2018, It's not hard to believe.
:roll:
ya just Had to give it away huh?

I have interpreted this lyrics wrong my whole life. I thought the firm referenced the guitar. Personally, I prefer a big fine woman.

Love Waylon. How can you not?
I was confused about the supposed controversy over Baby It's Cold Outside (keeping in mind that I think it's become a clickbaity thing at this point; last I heard there was very little actual "banning" going on, just a few stations and some had already reversed themselves). I always kinda liked the old song, in a nostalgic kinda way (hadn't really thought about or even noticed the lyrics "what's in this drink" and how many times she says no and he keeps on). That said, when I just now watched the original choreography, it was a little...unsettling...by modern standards. Take a look and tell me some of y'all wouldn't have serious words (or worse) if a feller was that grabby with your daughter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie ... e=youtu.be

boondocks":3gcba0pu said:
I was confused about the supposed controversy over Baby It's Cold Outside (keeping in mind that I think it's become a clickbaity thing at this point; last I heard there was very little actual "banning" going on, just a few stations and some had already reversed themselves). I always kinda liked the old song, in a nostalgic kinda way (hadn't really thought about or even noticed the lyrics "what's in this drink" and how many times she says no and he keeps on). That said, when I just now watched the original choreography, it was a little...unsettling...by modern standards. Take a look and tell me some of y'all wouldn't have serious words (or worse) if a feller was that grabby with your daughter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie ... e=youtu.be
I'm confused...is the 'grabby' part in the 1st part or the 2nd part of the video?

greybeard":2ryip4o7 said:
boondocks":2ryip4o7 said:
I'm confused...is the 'grabby' part in the 1st part or the 2nd part of the video?
I'm not sure what you mean by the first or second part, but the first 40 seconds is pretty cringey (grabbing her arm pretty hard twice while she's trying to get up; pushing her back down with a shoulder shove). If his father or I caught my son behaving that way, we would have a serious issue. But yes, the stereotypes were par for the course, for those days. (And yes, I know there are other versions where they switch genders for laffs). I actually think the choreography (which I'd never seen) is more damning than the song, which I always thought of as sweet, if a bit dated.

I'm talking about the part where she grabs him from behind & partially disrobes him while he's trying to leave.
(And yes, I know there are other versions where they switch genders for laffs).
It's in the version you posted the link to, which is, the original version straight from the movie.

Yet we can watch all the violence in video games, and the constant barrage of movies with war type scenes, violent scenes of people being blown up, or killed, shootings, turf wars.... and nothing gets said because some Hollywood film star is making money? These videos are ACTING..... they are meant to be funny....
If you don't like them, don't watch them. Just like Waylon's songs, they are not near as bad as the Rap and stuff that there is all the talk of "ho's and rape and worse". I don't like it, I don't listen to it. If it incites someone to do what the song talks about, then they need to be shot as it is perpetuating actual violence. Waylon saying he likes someone firm, is HIS PREFERENCE. If a fat person doesn't like it, so what. It's his preference, if the fat one's husband is happy with her, that is his preference. Most country music doesn't go around glorifying murder, rape, and abusive treatment of women. They need to find something REAL to protest.

ALACOWMAN":2pzzcfm6 said:
Just more mental emasculation,, before long men will have to have testosterone IV's..

Heavens NO!! Are you insane Alacowman? The last thing society wants is testosterone coursing through the men. Keep us emasculated. So much easier to manage... :(

farmerjan":csjr791i said:
Yet we can watch all the violence in video games, and the constant barrage of movies with war type scenes, violent scenes of people being blown up, or killed, shootings, turf wars.... and nothing gets said because some Hollywood film star is making money? These videos are ACTING..... they are meant to be funny....
If you don't like them, don't watch them. Just like Waylon's songs, they are not near as bad as the Rap and stuff that there is all the talk of "ho's and rape and worse". I don't like it, I don't listen to it. If it incites someone to do what the song talks about, then they need to be shot as it is perpetuating actual violence. Waylon saying he likes someone firm, is HIS PREFERENCE. If a fat person doesn't like it, so what. It's his preference, if the fat one's husband is happy with her, that is his preference. Most country music doesn't go around glorifying murder, rape, and abusive treatment of women. They need to find something REAL to protest.

the reference to fat people was a joke, no one actually said that. It was satire....

greybeard":1vd2056k said:
I'm talking about the part where she grabs him from behind & partially disrobes him while he's trying to leave.
(And yes, I know there are other versions where they switch genders for laffs).
It's in the version you posted the link to, which is, the original version straight from the movie.

Yes, I know. What did you think of the opening scene though, where he grabs her arm twice and then shoves her back down? Ok, or bit beyond the pale by current-day standards?

boondocks":29gfg6ra said:
Take a look and tell me some of y'all wouldn't have serious words (or worse) if a feller was that grabby with your daughter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie ... e=youtu.be

The thing is, as a dad, I wouldn't have to do anything; my daughter doesn't take crap from men that she doesn't want. If I do say so myself, she is a very attractive woman, but she can turn a guy off in ten seconds flat if he is making unwanted advancements.

Even though it is only acting...... he never made "unwanted" advances. She liked it. She didn't want to leave. She was only playing hard to get. Too many women these days are way too "easy".

Latest posts