Water Hose Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Afternoon Experts!

Have been having problems with 3/4" water hoses. Have at present several brands. Problem is that some of brands (even though looked great, and not cheapos) will become VERY stiff (almost like PVC pipe) in cold weather. My gut feeling is that the stiff ones have vinyl or similar in them and not all rubber, even "expensive" non-all-rubber ones.

Solution??? Maybe problem is to replace with only 100% rubber without other "reinforcements" in construction.

Comments?

Thanks, Bill

The water hoses that I use comes from Sears there Craftsmen brand. There black rubber and no matter how cold they don't get stiff.

M-5":2y8e0ee4 said:
pricefarm":2y8e0ee4 said:
The water hoses that I use comes from Sears there Craftsmen brand. There black rubber and no matter how cold they don't get stiff.
Lifetime warranty too. You can get them a Kmart

Yep. I think there the best hose out there. I have had some for several years and there as good as new. If u catch them on sale there cheaper than a cheap hose at Lowes.

Kingfisher's post got me to thinking. I stopped at the spray supply store this evening, and picked up 65 feet of their black half inch hose, and a brass male and female ends. Made it up when I got home, and have the nicest water hose I've ever owned. Thanks man.

Bigfoot":10te2scn said:
Kingfisher's post got me to thinking. I stopped at the spray supply store this evening, and picked up 65 feet of their black half inch hose, and a brass male and female ends. Made it up when I got home, and have the nicest water hose I've ever owned. Thanks man.
:). Yea it works good. Even that import coolant hose seems to make a pretty decent hose. Something about the compound holding up to hot water keeps em good even in cold weather. How much was yours a ft?

Less than 56 cents. I feel silly not knowing, but priced 5/8, and it was 56 cents, but they were out. So the 1/2 was probably cheaper.

I've got 4 of the Craftsman hoses and love the things. Best thing I've found so far is that if you run over it with a zero turn mower with a 21 hp motor it will kill the engine on the mower...and the blades were just put on this year. :lol2:

was in Kmart this morning and picked up another Craftsman hose. 29.99 for 50" so price is comparable to heater hose one. Im gonna stop by spray place here one day and see if I can buy a whole spool of it and start making some for my neighbors. I could pay for what I need by selling to them.

Latest posts