Watching Jeremiah Johnson tonight

Help Support CattleToday:

I still can't believe I have never heard of it. My wife has seen it several times when she was growing up.

ousoonerfan22":3n2r6ect said:
There was another good mountain man movie with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith but I can't remember the name of it?
It's called mountain men , I've seen it. It's a good movie

M5farm":1ad7iiv2 said:
ousoonerfan22":1ad7iiv2 said:
There was another good mountain man movie with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith but I can't remember the name of it?
It's called mountain men , I've seen it. It's a good movie
I wonder if the reason it isn;t shown on TV is because Heston was pro gun and redfords is shown is because he was anti-gun

M5farm":11izpy2c said:
Alan":11izpy2c said:
M5farm":11izpy2c said:
I just looked up this movie. I have never watched it or heard of it. If it didn't come on our 3 channels growing up I didn't see it. My parents took me to one movie when I was about 9 or 10 and it was a animal movie and all I remember is the 2 rams head butting each other. I didn't darken the door of a theater again until I was 18 yrs old. I will see if I can find it to watch it

If you can rent it you'll probably enjoy it, I put it up there with "the outlaw Jose Wales", "Tombstone", "Lonesome Dove" and I'll throw in "3:10 to Yuma".

I have seen all of the aforementioned movies and watch them again when they are on tv. I just ordered it from walmart for 5 bucks. I'll pick it up Thursday .

Did you watch it yet?

No it didn't come in yet,, my daughter went by today and they told her it would be in next week . Idk what the deal is.

It's illegal to make a movie like this anymore. It doesn't meet the minimum for nudity and cursing.

Speaking of mountain shows... Anyone remember Grizzly Adams? My 3yr old wanted a show with a bear in it, and that came up on youtube search- used to love that show. Wasn't quite what she was wanting so didn't end up watching it. I wonder if it will be as dissapointing as Dukes of Hazzard was the second time around?

on direct tee vee it is playing all the time here the last few weeks....
it is a good one but not in my top five.....
1. The searchers
2. Nevada Smith
3. Big Country
4. Tombstone
5. Lonesome Dove
6. Shane
7. Magnificent Seven
8. Appaloosa.....not the one with Marlon Brando....This one has Vigo Mortensen and Ed Harris
9. Hondo
10. The Cowboys
11. The Good The Bad and The Ugly
12. Silverado
13. Jeremiah Johnson
14 the rest of the John Wayne Westerns
15. The Sackets
16. The Missing.
aw heck...I could watch horse opera all day long.....

Alan":1r4mmjly said:
M5farm":1r4mmjly said:
I just looked up this movie. I have never watched it or heard of it. If it didn't come on our 3 channels growing up I didn't see it. My parents took me to one movie when I was about 9 or 10 and it was a animal movie and all I remember is the 2 rams head butting each other. I didn't darken the door of a theater again until I was 18 yrs old. I will see if I can find it to watch it

If you can rent it you'll probably enjoy it, I put it up there with "the outlaw Jose Wales", "Tombstone", "Lonesome Dove" and I'll throw in "3:10 to Yuma".
Now that is a great list of movies!
Had a student look a few of those up on his home computer, and burned them to a dvd, charged me 5 dollars. Great Buy!

pdfangus":gx1esmo8 said:
on direct tee vee it is playing all the time here the last few weeks....
it is a good one but not in my top five.....
1. The searchers
2. Nevada Smith
3. Big Country
4. Tombstone
5. Lonesome Dove
6. Shane
7. Magnificent Seven
8. Appaloosa.....not the one with Marlon Brando....This one has Vigo Mortensen and Ed Harris
9. Hondo
10. The Cowboys
11. The Good The Bad and The Ugly
12. Silverado
13. Jeremiah Johnson
14 the rest of the John Wayne Westerns
15. The Sackets
16. The Missing.
aw heck...I could watch horse opera all day long.....

What channel as I would like to record them for rainy days.

It's before my time, but right up my alley.. it was a great movie! I think The good, the bad and the ugly was a better movie that 3:10 to Yuma, though it was good too.. On a bit a more modern note, I did quite like The quick and the dead (sharon stone) too... I"ll have to look for those other movies too.

One movie I just watched, was a modern black and white movie from a 60's book.. "Failsafe", with George Clooney.. Pretty decent... about the cold war, and nuclear war... I picked it up for a couple bucks and figured why not.

Oh, and I've been watching "F troop" and "McHales Navy"... they're rather similar... O'Rourke is McHale and Gruber rolled into one, Parmenter is the spitting image of Cpt Binghamton.. I get a couple good laughs out of it though

CB

my list was just a list of my favorites....
suprisingly a lot of them show up on several channels on direct TV....
in fact I had never heard of The Missing or Appaloosa until I ran across them on direct TV....both great westerns.