Watcha think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well Jeanne, those are really nice cows. And really, I think it's quite a compliment that you can take a few productive cows out of the pasture, blow the dirt off them, clip their heads & tails, and they look like show animals! What more could you ask for?

Chris H":1cn95w7t said:
Well Jeanne, those are really nice cows. And really, I think it's quite a compliment that you can take a few productive cows out of the pasture, blow the dirt off them, clip their heads & tails, and they look like show animals! What more could you ask for?
:lol: :clap: Chris - thanks! That's kinda what I thought! Musta done something right with them. Catalog is on-line now (not mailed) and I'm already getting calls. Wahoo!! As far away as Iowa!

Thanks Val - this mud is never ending. Got 1.3" rain last night ugggg. Had high winds & SNOW flurries on & off between sunshine today! Got all the sale cattle buzzed bald (last 4 today). :banana:

Jeanne you need to get on your knees and thank God for that rain. We have not had any measureable precip since last fall. The new color here is no longer brown it is grey.

3Way - you know, after I posted that - I thought the same thing! At least I "know" I will have grass to feed my cows. It might be miserable right now - in the lots where the cattle have to "live" and I have to walk hoping not to lose a boot or fall down, hoping a calf doesn't get boggled down - BUT - the grass is growing out in the pastures, and even if "NEW YORK" has a drought, I have wet land & it will still keep producing "something". Can't imaging wondering how I would feed my cows.
And, they are talking hay is going to be really high, because farmers are plowing up hayfields for corn. I need to count my blessings & "enjoy" plodding around in this gooh - soup - boot sucking mud.
Sorry about complaining about something you would dearly love to have.
BTW - have not received your email at 12.23 my time.

Latest posts