Wasting $ on clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

Gate Opener

Reaction score
I went into a department store the other day. As I entered the door I stopped and looked around and there was rack after rack of clothes as far as I could see. It hit me. It seems so stupid for people to spend so much money on clothes. Also all the time that is wasted in picking them out. I can see how you need some for the kids who are growing(reason why I was there) but grown people don't need all those clothes. I have a closet full, mostly name brand that I primarily bought second hand (not from need but from not wanting to waste $) alot of them with the tags still on. Anyway, I seem to wear the same few things over and over so it is even stupid for me to have so many. The few I wear all the time are comfortable, clean, look nice and are functional and I don't care if any one says she wears the same stuff all the time. No one has ever said that. They probably don't even realize.

So I wonder if the people who buy clothes all the time would still do that if they thought no one cared?

Just my thoughts.

While I was working I had a closet jam packed with clothes...I spent a fortune on them. Last year I donated them 'cause I have no reason to wear them any longer...and I love it!!!!!!!

I used to love to shop for clothes...now I hate it.

Couldn't part with the shoes, tho...I love shoes...closet devoted to shoes (well almost). Don't know where I'll wear them...2-3 inch heels don't look real good with my jeans/shorts and T-shirts/sweat shirts...

Alice

Alice":fvg9mh8k said:
I love shoes...closet devoted to shoes (well almost). Don't know where I'll wear them...2-3 inch heels don't look real good with my jeans/shorts and T-shirts/sweat shirts...

Alice

No but 4-5 inch heels do. :lol:

flaboy?":h06pz5ty said:
Alice":h06pz5ty said:
I love shoes...closet devoted to shoes (well almost). Don't know where I'll wear them...2-3 inch heels don't look real good with my jeans/shorts and T-shirts/sweat shirts...

Alice

There was a time... :D ...long since passed :(

Alice

Alice":2iy8iox5 said:
flaboy?":2iy8iox5 said:
Alice":2iy8iox5 said:

Alice

There was a time... :D ...long since passed :(

Alice

Dang, now ya went and ruined my mental image. :oops:

As a teenage girl . . . I love shopping. I never buy, just look most of the time. I have nice school clothes, but in about a month and a half, they will look like everyother article of clothing in my closet. Covered in mud stains and hay coming out of sweatshirt and pants pockets . . . even after they have been washed. That is probably why I browse shop. lol.

Simmishowchick":36e75yqp said:
As a teenage girl . . . I love shopping. I never buy, just look most of the time. I have nice school clothes, but in about a month and a half, they will look like everyother article of clothing in my closet. Covered in mud stains and hay coming out of sweatshirt and pants pockets . . . even after they have been washed. That is probably why I browse shop. lol.

Thats funny and so true. I think just about everytime I put on a jacket and reach in the pocket I find hay.

Good Idea. Maybe instead of "casual Fridays" businesses could have "birthday suit Fridays". :lol2:

Wait. After taking a quick scan of my workplace, that may not be such a good idea. :shock: :shock: :shock:

cfpinz

I work in a county jail. Trust me nobody wants to have a birthday suit friday there. Cause if there was there would be a mop up vomit saturday. :shock:

Alice":2ic1rmmn said:
While I was working I had a closet jam packed with clothes...I spent a fortune on them. Last year I donated them 'cause I have no reason to wear them any longer...and I love it!!!!!!!

Alice

That must be a liberating feeling! :lol2:

i never have liked buying clothes or dressing up.all i buy are jeans an tees.because thats all i wear.might have a nice tee an jeans for church but thats it.

The biggest waste of money for clothes is for weddings. I don't see why I can't wear my jeans even if they have a few stains here and there. Renting that tux for 15 minutes of torture is crazy. :mad:

So true. My daughter was in a wedding. We had to buy the dress which by the time alterations were done it was about $300. Then had to buy shoes and they were about $90. We gave the dress away later as she couldn't wear it anywhere else. Still have the shoes but she only wore them to the wedding then around the house a couple of times (playing dress up)and she quickly outgrew them. Anyway, about $400 pretty much for wearing something once. What a waste. I'm not much on big weddings either. Save that money to put towards a house.

Alice":3e7oncu7 said:

I used to love to shop for clothes...now I hate it.

Couldn't part with the shoes, tho...I love shoes...closet devoted to shoes (well almost). Don't know where I'll wear them...2-3 inch heels don't look real good with my jeans/shorts and T-shirts/sweat shirts...

Alice

worthless quote w/o pics...besides heels and jeans is
hot stuff

I decided not to but clothes for a year just to use up all the ones that Susie gives me the evil eye when I try to wear out in public. Do think that I'll need socks before next January but that is what birthdays and holidays are for...didn't get new tires for the tractor so socks will be welcome.
DMc

P.S. Alice...I understand your thought process but the verbage mighn't lead folks to want to be your neighbor... :lol: :roll: ;-)

jeans are a pretty good investment i think. the more worn and ragged they are the higher the price. if only i had kept those wore out wranglers over the years id be rich

Latest posts