Washington legislation

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
I heard something about this on the radio today. It has to do with annulling marriages of couples who do not have children within the first 3 years of marriage. Just plain crazy!

-------------------------------------

If passed by Washington voters, the Defense of Marriage Initiative would:

add the phrase, “who are capable of having children with one another” to the legal definition of marriage;

require that couples married in Washington file proof of procreation within three years of the date of marriage or have their marriage automatically annulled;

require that couples married out of state file proof of procreation within three years of the date of marriage or have their marriage classed as “unrecognized;”

establish a process for filing proof of procreation; and
make it a criminal act for people in an unrecognized marriage to receive marriage benefits.

http://www.wa-doma.org/Initiative.aspx

Well thats just stupid.

PS: Illegal as well. Its a violation of the Dissabilites Act. Im not sure what space cadet lobby group came up with that autrocity.

that was probably made to poke fun at people trying to change the defenition of marriage to say that it must be between a man and a woman

EX- if a married man and woman do not have children then they are equal to a homosexual couple who can not biologically have a child therefore they should not be married

like you said it is STUPID

I am aghast! Good Lord Miss Agness! That has got to be one of the dumbest, most assinine things I've read...or heard of...

I can't believe anyone would actually put their name with this...or the Secretary of State would accept it for consideration! Will wonders never cease...

Alice

It is something that has been started by the gay rights group. Other than the press which has to talk about it because they are pro-gay rights, it isn't being seriously discussed. It doesn't have a snow balls chance of passing.
Typical gay rights sort of stuff that comes up from time to time. They really hate it when their stuff gets voted down.

Latest posts