• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warped View of Agriculture

Howdyjabo

Reaction score
Read this on a response list to an article about Bidens new dog

J.Crobuzon April 14th, 2009 1:07 pm ET

PETA is funded by the big beef farms out in the midwest in order to make all animal rights people look crazy. If you were to try to put through a bill to get, say, chickens treated a little better in the breeding pens, PETA would come right up behind you and start screaming “GIVE CHICKENS THE VOTE!” You and PETA would both look dumb then, see?

cowboy43

Reaction score
Well I must be the dumb one because I do not understand what you are saying or what message you are trying to get across????????

cowboy43

Reaction score
I thought it was the obama family who got the new dog, hope this don't turn political and I get kicked off

john250

Reaction score
I think you mean Obama's new dog. HSUS and PETA are questioning whether this is a true "rescue" dog, since it seems to have come direct from Ted Kennedy's trainer. Apparently, a paper trail has been constructed showing an intermediate "owner" who sent the dog back because of "incompatability" issues. Hence, the dog is a "rescue" dog.
It is a silly, silly issue--the sadder because it makes an issue of two girl's dog. I hope the girls actually get to spend time with the dog. We all need our dogs.
As far as that quoted letter--some people are just lost in the ozone.

Howdyjabo

Reaction score
Its Bidens new dog- he got a German Shepherd that looks like it may have come from a puppy mill. Him and the breeder are catching alot of flack.. The breeder is getting death threats from PETA fanatics.
Its a big deal in PA(where the pup is from)- theres lots of really bad puppy mills there. This one seems to be an upscale puppy mill :)

I just thought that comment was pretty funny.

john250

Reaction score
Howdyjabo":2w1shwth said:

"Big beef farms in the Midwest fund PETA". Yeah, that's funny. I wonder where he considers the "Midwest" to be, and what he calls a "big beef farm".
I imagine he thinks the govt is covering up Roswell.

ANAZAZI

Reaction score
john250":hhwqlujv said:
Howdyjabo":hhwqlujv said:

"Big beef farms in the Midwest fund PETA". Yeah, that's funny. I wonder where he considers the "Midwest" to be, and what he calls a "big beef farm".
I imagine he thinks the govt is covering up Roswell.

arent they? :banana:

Calman

Reaction score
I saw a big ol UFO land in the field last night.Had the letters,ELVIS lit up on it and before I could get to it it turned into this huge pile of cow poop.
No doubt in my mind the government quickly steped in and did a cover up.

Cal

show steer up

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh thats funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
too bad they have to leave their crap behind :shock:

show steer up

Reaction score
oh gosh........it gives a whole new meaning to space junk.......................oh Im dying over here :lol: