Walmart self check-outs................

Help Support CattleToday:

every time I have tried to use one......
I ended up with some kind of user error.....
and it ends up taking me more time than going thru the regular line....
besides there is always a line to wait for the self checkout machines as well.

Logar":hm1fzh1k said:
You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

You pay their welfare costs if they do not work.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.

Well, he is not James Bond. He doesn't fly secret missions over the evil empires of the world saving us all from imminent destruction.

Sky is of African-Native American descent. He is a hard working man who does everything from tree trimming to plowing roads, farming, curing his own meat and all that lays in between. I have had the great pleasure of talking to him many times on the phone. He is polite and very intelligent. I doubt you could have picked anyone on this forum to be more wrong on when you characterized him as a man of privilege.

Bright Raven":23y1b2e5 said:
Logar":23y1b2e5 said:
You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

Well, he is not James Bond. He doesn't fly secret missions over the evil empires of the world saving us all from imminent destruction.

Sky is of African-Native American descent. He is a hard working man who does everything from tree trimming to plowing roads, farming, curing his own meat and all that lays in between. I have had the great pleasure of talking to him many times on the phone. He is polite and very intelligent. I doubt you could have picked anyone on this forum to be more wrong on when you characterized him as a man of privilege.
I read Sky's response the same as Logar, I just think I know Sky better than that.

True Grit Farms":1l7rsmqc said:
Bright Raven":1l7rsmqc said:
Logar":1l7rsmqc said:

I read Sky's response the same as Logar, I just think I know Sky better than that.
Heck it thought he nailed it !!!A shame a supervisor doesn't come around more often and put a little urgency in their actions. I hate waiting especially when it's not necessary.

the only time i'll go into wal mart is to buy a battery for a smaller vehicle or a marine battery. haven't been in one for years but needed a marine battery a few months ago.. went in and picked one up.. still have one from 2010 i'm using from there. looked the same as ever. greeter who doesn't greet, employees who don't work, and no cashiers available.

Logar":5u288dk3 said:
skyhightree1":5u288dk3 said:

You can take your privilege and stick it. I hate this so much. Any time someone doesn't feel like the world has treated them right, they throw this card out there. Well, I'll tell you what, it isn't my fault my dad busted his hump and got where he got so that he could provide a solid life for my family. And it's not my son's fault that I've done the same. And it isn't the fault of a child whose parents DON'T work to provide a good life for them, but you know what? They can break the cycle. They are afforded an education and are given the opportunity to go on.

Sky seems to work his tail off.

End rant.

Thanks for the compliments ... However, I have to be honest with yall I have been called many things by many people and rest assured Privileged is not one of them.

skyhightree1":15qat3xc said:
Thanks for the compliments ... However, I have to be honest with yall I have been called many things by many people and rest assured Privileged is not one of them.

Yes. I bet that is true. :lol:

TexasBred":31yhvnaq said:
Logar":31yhvnaq said:
skyhightree1":31yhvnaq said:
I disagree in the fact that the folks behind the registers where I go are usually slow have no sense of urgency about getting people in and out... ..

You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....

LOL

Hook line and sinker

Your response was entirely predictable - too funny indeed.

Perhaps YOU need to look in the mirror.

LOLOLOL.................

Bestoutwest":1nb1bynp said:
Logar":1nb1bynp said:
skyhightree1":1nb1bynp said:

You can take your privilege and stick it. I hate this so much. Any time someone doesn't feel like the world has treated them right, they throw this card out there. Well, I'll tell you what, it isn't my fault my dad busted his hump and got where he got so that he could provide a solid life for my family. And it's not my son's fault that I've done the same. And it isn't the fault of a child whose parents DON'T work to provide a good life for them, but you know what? They can break the cycle. They are afforded an education and are given the opportunity to go on.

Sky seems to work his tail off.

End rant.

LOL

Hook line and sinker

LOLOLOL.................

Logar":s79uwxlb said:
You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....

LOL

Hook line and sinker

LOLOLOL.................
Wonderful that you were expecting it. Do the same thing again and expect the same reaction. Knock off your shyt and try to act like a good citizen. Bestoutwest you didnt' even get an original reply. Just an echo of what this prick sent to me.

skyhightree1":x5is9648 said:
Logar":x5is9648 said:

Logar - No one is beneath me nor do I look down on anyone. I am stating the truth about what I see.. What sense does it make to tell someone to move because some people have poor work ethics in the area that they live? Everyone would be moving for the most part. I am not privileged but what I am is a hard worker that has overcome many trials and mountains in my way but every day I wake up is not a paved road to success. My salary can be $0.00 one year or could be unlimited but you can bet your bottom dollar if someone is paying me for my services they will get what they paid for and more no matter if its a $100.00 job or $100,000 job. Before you try to be smart and judge someone you may want to know something about them. Funny you mentioned reality.... I think you need to snap back into it. :2cents:

Addressed to Skyhightree1.

I apologize for putting myself in your shoes. I want you to know that you have the right to live wherever you want to. I was out of line to suggest that you should move. Most of all, I am sorry that I labeled you as "privileged". I committed these injustices because you disagreed with me. No one is allowed to disagree with James Bond.

Cheers

Bright Raven":355yvsev said:
Addressed to Skyhightree1.

I apologize for putting myself in your shoes. I want you to know that you have the right to live wherever you want to. I was out of line to suggest that you should move. Most of all, I am sorry that I labeled you as "privileged". I committed these injustices because you disagreed with me. No one is allowed to disagree with James Bond.

Cheers

You don't step on superman's caps Ron....now you're really in trouble. Look for an american airplane with canadian markings on it piloted by some little guy in a baby blue U.N. Beanie.....you see it you better head for the hills.

jltrent":28khurtz said:
Every time I go to checkout at Walmart it is either a long wait, as very few human checkouts anymore, or go struggle to self-check out myself. I am getting better, but still hate it. Does anybody like the self checkouts?
That's all I use now. My only problem with them now is, they have larger bays, and one bag bays. I hate when a person with just a few items go to the only open big bay and not to the open smaller ones. I only go when I need a lot of stuff, so I need the big bay.. If a smaller bay opens when its busy, I let the person behind me go. This confuses so many people, but I think its because they haven't noticed the bays are different.. That will come with time though..
The less my things are touched the better I feel. No more finger licking cashiers opening bags for my things. I use to really get stress out...then i'd get home and get covered in cow manure, no logic I know.....lol

True story. About 5 years ago we were building our house. One night my son and I stayed up late painting. We were quite grubby but decided (the fridge being low) to go grocery shopping. It was about midnight so the only thing open was Wally, so there we went. Walking the aisles, we were tired and punchy, making wisecracks under our breath about the late night denizens of WalMart who were appearing in all their trashy zombie glory before our eyes. When, at the very same moment, we looked at each other: hair askew, sawdust on arms, paint-splattered holey clothes, old tennies, and realized with a shock: WE WERE THE PEOPLE OF WALMART!!!! :lol: :banana:

boondocks":3mxx8mia said:
True story. About 5 years ago we were building our house. One night my son and I stayed up late painting. We were quite grubby but decided (the fridge being low) to go grocery shopping. It was about midnight so the only thing open was Wally, so there we went. Walking the aisles, we were tired and punchy, making wisecracks under our breath about the late night denizens of WalMart who were appearing in all their trashy zombie glory before our eyes. When, at the very same moment, we looked at each other: hair askew, sawdust on arms, paint-splattered holey clothes, old tennies, and realized with a shock: WE WERE THE PEOPLE OF WALMART!!!! :lol: :banana:
A little off topic:
Years ago, brother and I worked for a drilling company as mechanics. He, I, and another mech had been working all day and half the night on a running rig about 70 miles from home, working on the diesels. We got done, washed the grime off our hands and forearms, and put on clean coveralls and on our way back home, we stopped in a bar in some little town for a cold beer..or 2 or 3....
Waitress looked at us kinda funny, but served us our beer and went down to talk to another customer that was looking our way too. In the mirror behind the bar, we saw why. We hadn't washed our faces and the soot from the engines had made us looked like raccoons...black with just the white around our eyes showing. We took our next beer to go.

Latest posts