Walmart self check-outs................

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":1l8tvpkb said:
New rule- if you're checking out at Walmart and an item won't scan, you get it for free.

Don't put that item in the bag unless you want the machine announcing to half the store there's an unauthorized item in the bagging area. I set my sunglasses down on that side and found that out.

slick4591":niqnproo said:
ga.prime":niqnproo said:
New rule- if you're checking out at Walmart and an item won't scan, you get it for free.

Don't put that item in the bag unless you want the machine announcing to half the store there's an unauthorized item in the bagging area. I set my sunglasses down on that side and found that out.

I noticed as I was checking out each machine apparently has a camera on you as you self checkout.

I don't like self check out b/c it boils down to the company saving money and usually not passing that on to the consumer. However, we do have a grocery story around here that does not have baggers, and has a self check-out. Their prices are better than anywhere else AND they treat their employees right. If you work there your entire life you will retire a millionaire, no joke.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryjoseph ... e78dc85700

We have a WinCo about 17 miles from us. Prices are good, but the meat ain't so good. You get what you pay for tho. We usually go there once every couple of months.

jltrent":2orcv5pe said:
Every time I go to checkout at Walmart it is either a long wait, as very few human checkouts anymore, or go struggle to self-check out myself. I am getting better, but still hate it. Does anybody like the self checkouts?

I love self check out for the most part.... what I don't like is the fact they shut those down late at night and only maybe 1 will allow you to pay with cash.

I never use any automated check outs - they are employment killers.

True Grit Farms":2turg1p5 said:
Pay at the pump is about the only reason I carry a credit card. Paying in cash is about a thing of the past.
Yep, I stop for fuel. Got no reason to go inside.

MRRherefords":36bfqu36 said:
Dang self check out at Walmart ate my 20 the other day. Just chewed it right up!
Well, if you're like me, it just saved you the knowledge that your wife spent it somewhere....

It's probably just user error, but just about every time I try to use those something messes up and the person monitoring them has to come over and authorize or override something, so I don't wind up saving much time. As others have said I don't like the fact it takes away jobs either.

A.J.":22pb2jlc said:
It's probably just user error, but just about every time I try to use those something messes up and the person monitoring them has to come over and authorize or override something, so I don't wind up saving much time. As others have said I don't like the fact it takes away jobs either.
I have seen my wife use them.
But I am afraid of them. Don't know how to use them.
A. J. just reinforced my fear. :shock:

Logar":3a9co9qv said:

I disagree in the fact that the folks behind the registers where I go are usually slow have no sense of urgency about getting people in and out... .The auto check out is perfect for me as I want to get in and out as fast as possible as I hate being there any longer than I have too... I definitely don't want to sit in line while the cashiers scan one item every 30 seconds while telling another cashier about what they did they night before.

skyhightree1":28glzvsx said:
Logar":28glzvsx said:

I disagree in the fact that the folks behind the registers where I go are usually slow have no sense of urgency about getting people in and out... ..

You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

You pay their welfare costs if they do not work.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.

Ryder":q852puyd said:
A.J.":q852puyd said:
I have seen my wife use them.
But I am afraid of them. Don't know how to use them.
A. J. just reinforced my fear. :shock:
Anything mechanized takes away jobs. might as well get use to it. Been going on for quite a while now. Blame the real culprit, the barcode.

Logar":1ufz9xqi said:
skyhightree1":1ufz9xqi said:
Logar":1ufz9xqi said:

I disagree in the fact that the folks behind the registers where I go are usually slow have no sense of urgency about getting people in and out... ..

You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....

TexasBred":1o4t2i6z said:
Logar":1o4t2i6z said:
skyhightree1":1o4t2i6z said:

You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....

Thanks T.B.
Logar - No one is beneath me nor do I look down on anyone. I am stating the truth about what I see.. What sense does it make to tell someone to move because some people have poor work ethics in the area that they live? Everyone would be moving for the most part. I am not privileged but what I am is a hard worker that has overcome many trials and mountains in my way but every day I wake up is not a paved road to success. My salary can be $0.00 one year or could be unlimited but you can bet your bottom dollar if someone is paying me for my services they will get what they paid for and more no matter if its a $100.00 job or $100,000 job. Before you try to be smart and judge someone you may want to know something about them. Funny you mentioned reality.... I think you need to snap back into it. :2cents:

Only good thing about the automated kiosks is that they don't sit there and have long social conversations with the customer while 1/2 dozen people are lined up behind waiting to check out. Just give the benice woman her change and don't worry when her next tit dragging rug rat's going to pop out.

greybeard":1v6voxj8 said:
Only good thing about the automated kiosks is that they don't sit there and have long social conversations with the customer while 1/2 dozen people are lined up behind waiting to check out. Just give the benice woman her change and don't worry when her next tit dragging rug rat's going to pop out.

Please don't hold back, how do you really feel?

slick4591":1v6voxj8 said:
We have a WinCo about 17 miles from us. Prices are good, but the meat ain't so good. You get what you pay for tho. We usually go there once every couple of months.

Yeah, I've never been impressed with their meat selection. It's rather weak, but it's ok in a stew.

Well, it could just as easily be about a political conversation or how some miracle all natural supplement containing ground up goat horn and bear semen that someone was buying had changed their whole life but you get the idea.