Vigilante Insectidal bolus??

Help Support CattleToday:

Supposed to control face flys and horn flys for up to 150 days.

We used IGR minerals last year and it did absolutely nothing for us. We kept getting flys from neighbors cows since no one around us used it.

If the bolus is strickly and feed-through solution not sure I want to try it.

Thanks,
Farmgirl

Farmgirl":prst176i said:

We used IGR minerals last year and it did absolutely nothing for us. We kept getting flys from neighbors cows since no one around us used it.

Thanks,
Farmgirl

How close are your neighbors?? I have been wondering about those fly predators but not sure it would work, have neighbors with cattle a mile east and one a mile south.

Farmgirl":3dp95eo8 said:

Thanks,
Farmgirl

It probably did some good but not as much as it might have. Fly control isn;t a one shot deal. It takes more then just Rabon or IGR.

You're never gonna get rid of flies completely but the IGR and Rabon products do work. Rabon can be put in feed or a protein block and more apt to be consumed, whereas not all mineral is formulated to be palatable enough to ensure adequate intake to do the job.

Fighting flies is sort of like fighting gophers. If you're neighbors don't join in with you it's an uphill battle.

Latest posts