Video of this seasons first calf.

Help Support CattleToday:

chevytaHOE5674

Reaction score
Our first calf of the season is now almost 4 weeks old and I'm just now getting around to posting the video of her birth. I know all of you guys have seen this many times before but I always find it interesting to watch.
[youtube]XRT4to6frrU[/youtube]

And here she is at 3 weeks of age.
helmi.jpg

I get nervous just watching the video. I almost never have any calving issues but when I find one calving I have to go away and not watch or I become a wreck. I want to help when they do not need any help.

Never gets old for me. Almost kind of like a drug for me.

I agree Kenny, nervous is the right word, and going away is very hard to do but sometimes helps with the anxiety ...

In a perfect world I would be there for every one of them. If I'm there watching I can catch any issues ASAP instead of catching them after its too late.

Text book perfect! Nice calf, great momma. She should be in the movies - the beginning cattleman/woman movies. It just doesnt get bettter than that. You know spring's arrived when the kids start popping (though I noticed bedding so I'm guessing you're still pretty chilly where you are).

Yeah its still wet and chilly UP here. When she was born there was still 3 foot of snow on the ground, now we just have a few patches of snow here and there, but have mud up to our eye balls. I've never seen a spring this wet before its unreal.

There was another momma in there with her making some noise and getting curious.

Latest posts